The Lead Auditor plays a key role in the Whiting Refinery Audit, Assurance, and Self Verification process defined by Operating Management System. As the Lead Auditor, you will interface with Group Audit, and the Safety and Operational Risk (S&OR) organizations, and be responsible for preparation, planning, coordination and response to audits by these groups. You will plan and conducts operational, safety and environmental management systems self-verification activities based on regulatory legal requirements and BP standards, protocols and processes. The Lead Auditor makes recommendations based on findings from these self verification activities and follows these recommendations to completion.
- Accountable for managing and overseeing the Group Audit & Safety and Operational Risk (S&OR) assurance assessment processes by planning and preparing for Group Audit events as per the Group Audit program outlined in element 8.2.2 and S&OR assurance activities
- Manage and oversee the EPA Consent Decree Compliance Oversight Team assurance process
- Participate in and lead a wide variety of self verification auditing activities throughout the Whiting Refinery to assure HSSE legal, BP safety and operations requirements are being met
- Ensure the Quarterly Compliance Dashboard data is completed. Interpret this data and recommend solutions to refinery management.
- Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert including providing authoritative advice and expertise to the business unit management in the areas of Audit, Assurances, and Self Verification.
- Build and develop cross-functional relationships to engage on best practices across both the organization and externally.
- Drive continuous improvement and help develop the strategic vision and long-term goals of improving the sites compliance.
- Provide Whiting Refinery assurance on health of self-verificaiton processes through performing annual auditing of refinery processes.
A High School diploma with 10 years experience - OR - Bachelor's degree with 5 years experience is required
- Experience conducting audits in a manufacturing, petrochemical, or refining environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with site leadership, central project team members, and other stakeholders within the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Database management experience
- Experience managing complex subject matter communications
- Ability to work self-directed and identify activities in support of overall goals
- Team player and customer focused
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively to resolve issues not covered by existing policies
- Strong proofreading and editing skills