Job DescriptionLead Cafeteria Assistant, NorthamptonStarting Salary: £16,050-£18,270 Per AnnumHours: 37.5 per week
St Andrew’s is the UK’s leading charitable provider of specialist mental healthcare. Unlike traditional independent providers we have no shareholders. As a charity we are in the unique position to reinvest our surpluses into cutting-edge specialist services, state-of-the-art facilities and developing experienced dedicated staff.
The Estates and Facilities has a vacancy for a full time Lead Cafeteria Assistant within its catering function this will include alternate weekend working 5 days from 7 days. 37.5 hour week.
This position offers opportunities for an individual to work as a team player with our current team leader and manage the day to day running of one of our cafes, ensuring high standards are maintained. This is a hands-on role and an ideal step for your first supervisory position.
You must be able to demonstrate a can-do approach, excellent communication and organisational skills, be motivated and flexible and have the ability to use initiative and lead a team.Required skills and Responsibilities of the Role:
- A good command of Maths and English
- Ideally hold level 2 Certificate of Food hygiene
- Work closely with the management and staff
- To ensure that all staff are managing their workloads in a timely and efficient manner and that audits are carried out and any shortfalls are identified and plans put in place to eradicate any issues.
- Maintenance of stocks and materials.
- To maintain a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation, especially Health & Safety, food Hygiene, COSHH & HACCP.
- Above all you must be customer focused.
To be responsible to the Restaurant & Hospitality Team Leader for the day to day control and co-ordination of the Restaurant & Hospitality Cafeteria Assistants Team, within the Charity, to achieve the required standards. With assistance from Staff, ensuring that all staff carry out their duties to the necessary high standards and that all operational requirements are properly staffed for the required daily working periods, including Bank Holidays
Perform tasks in several functional areas. Such functional areas include, but are not necessary limited to: food service, salad bar, light food preparation, set up and cleaning, operation of EPOS till system, merchandising of products including vending services. Daily duties are accomplished through collaborative work effort of all cafeteria staff. Comply with regulatory standards governing the food service industry.Rewards
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Closing date: 5th November 2018
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications