This vacancy is within CDIO (chief information officer group) within HMRC, you will be working across one of the biggest IT estates in Europe responsible for designing, implementing and continuously improving HMRC’s key architectural domains, transforming HMRC’s IT capability.
As a Lead Enterprise Application Architect you will lead and manage other architects and be able to work effectively in pressurised situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of the discipline or circumstances.
You will be expected to be a thought leader. You will engage at a strategic level with involvement in setting organisational objectives, influencing policy and leading on transformation and technical and business change. You will play a key role in ensuring that HMRC develops and maintains a strong IT Architecture capability by empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
As a lead in the architecture group you will be responsible for some or all of the following:
About the Person (the majority of the following skills would be expected)
- Overseeing and taking responsibility for the creation of architecture blueprints and roadmaps and offer consultancy for high level solution designs, including helping to elaborate and develop them throughout the full project lifecycle from an application architecture point of view.
- Engage and influence our internal and external delivery partners so that they fully understand and are committed to, the development of the IT designs and where necessary control and document IT design changes.
- Lead on and initiate work on strategic insight and thinking into the creation of HMRCs technology strategies and help shape business thinking around exploitation of the IT Architecture.
- Lead as and/or a team of internal Subject Matter Expert(s) for selected architecture blueprints using strong stakeholder management skills to communicate, influence and often challenge both internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Lead and influence on IT Design highlighting benefits, opportunities and future capabilities in specific areas.
- Accountability in ensuring all blueprints and design plans adhere to internal security and policy procedures as well as the wider organisational architecture roadmap.
- Accountability for ensuring team members engage fully in the HMRC governance mechanisms.
- Experience of leading within a large IT Change/Transformation programme in an Architecture role.
- Able to align both the strategic and architecture design to the organisation’s vision to becoming fully digitalised.
- Proven experience of being the subject matter expert within a particular technical environment such as SAP, Data Warehousing, across application-based development.
- Work with minimal direction in a large often challenging environment to influence and drive change internally and with 3rd party suppliers.
- Be able to communicate technical solutions and roadmaps to non-technical customers (translate in business terms) and handling objections and reservations where necessary.
- Coach and mentor aspiring colleagues into motivated and delivery focussed individuals.
- Either have or work to achieve, professional certifications such as TOGAF or CITP.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and experience with or knowledge of, agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Previous experience of applying or have worked in a DevOps environment in the capacity of an architect, senior developer or project manager
Technical Experience (demonstrable experience in one or more of the following is highly desirable)
- Architecting large scale IT applications in the finance industry including making use of SaaS and PaaS. especially AWS and Azure platforms and services.
- Knowledge of SAP (including ERP, FICO, HR, CRM, BI, BW, GRC, L&D SAP Cloud & HANA Databases), Ariba and Successfactors.
Big data platforms and analytics, for example; SAS suite, R, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of Compliance and risking software systems would be an advantage.
- Database Technologies (NoSql, Mongo, Hbase, Oracle); tools & Designing; MDM Products and Methodologies.
- Experience in Import/Export of goods and Customs supply chain systems.
Decommissioning of legacy systems including migration and archiving of data.
- Experience in Enterprise scale workflow and BPM solutions, CRM systems, Finance, Tax Management, HR Management, Payment systems etc.
- Awareness of Application integration including cloud based integration platforms, programming techniques and languages, for example; APIs SOAP, Restful services, XML, JSON, Java, message routing and queuing technology and associated patterns.
- Service-Orientated Architecture (SOA) design patterns and migrating legacy systems onto a SOA framework.
- Experience in application containerisation technologies such as Docker
To apply for this role, please visit Civil Service Jobs - https://bit.ly/2IAJupt
- where you will be required to submit a CV and supporting statement. However, if you wish to speak to a recruiter, please apply through this job board.