Lead Project Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Project Manager manages a suite of projects and may lead other project managers. Provides feedback to business development and operations teams in evaluating new/existing project needs and facilitating a strategy to manage the
appropriate portion of the projects based on internal capabilities and staffing allocations. This individual must be familiar with the full scope of our partnerships, the services we provide and therefore can consult/develop/direct project objectives, as well as the roles/function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. They are responsible for providing insight into initial project concept and consultation/guidance to the operational teams as well as management/oversight of project as necessary.
- Provides World Class Marketing Client Service Management by creating synergies with our internal teams & Academic
- Partners which empower us to exceed our objectives.
- Provides Academic Partner insights and strategies which help enable internal & external teams deliver results that exceed objectives
- Creates buy in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Collaborate with business development and operations teams to provide insight into evaluation of new solutions and support the re-evaluation of current solutions
- Facilitate redesign of business processes to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with account managers/managing directors and cross-functional teams on strategy for executing projects focused on delivery of products or services.
- Develop and maintain work plans appropriate for the scope and complexity of each project
- Consult with the cross functional team in the execution of the project.
- Provide positive leadership toward the successful delivery with a focus on cost, schedule, scope, quality and communication.
- Communicate status and cost implications for assigned projects through participation in status and working group meetings, along with written status reports and other communications as needed for a variety of audiences.
- Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plan with project team
- Ensure coordination of efforts of all cross functional team members in consultation with account managers/managing directors. Establish and maintain a highly cooperative environment and foster collaboration across all areas.
- Guide the documentation of business requirements for projects as needed
- Guide the preparation of QA planning materials, direct and conduct QA activities as needed
- Travel for the company, as needed
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in marketing, business administration or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following areas: research and development, marketing, student support, project management, curriculum, process improvement, consulting, and online education within an OPM model.
- Progressively responsible project management experience, including experience documenting business requirements and participation in QA activities.
- Knowledge of project management concepts, tools and activities, including Smartsheet, MS Office (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), requirements analysis and facilitation.
- Proven ability to manage complex large scale projects under significant constraints.
- Strong analytical and problemsolving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills; demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Professional oral and written communication skills for effective relationship development/management and presentations with stakeholders
- Experience with cultivating, nurturing, and on-boarding new clients and or business projects
- Excellent customer service orientation with specific experience in working with and managing relationships with Partners.
- Experience providing consultation on, and implementing account management processes, and strategies which exceed client and business objectives
- High degree of personal ownership and accountability to consistently deliver results in a fast paced and high-profile environment
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando
Other Locations US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-FL-Orlando-2101 Park Center 2101 Park Center Drive Suite 250 Orlando 32835
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801285