The successful applicant will also be the subject matter expert in pipeline hydraulics and be responsible for conducting capacity studies, surge studies, and equipment optimization.
- Lead the power optimization efforts in pursuing, tracking, and pushing projects to completion that reduce power consumption.
- Develop power optimization pump selection tools for roll-out to schedulers and pipeline controllers.
- Conduct studies using a computer based pipeline hydraulic simulator to optimize flow rates, evaluate and enhance the efficiency of pipeline operations, and conduct feasibility studies on potential future operations.
- Evaluate pipeline throughput and use of DRA to improve operational efficiency and to minimize costs.
- Conduct studies to determine the optimal product sequencing to reduce cost and improve system throughput.
- Be able to anticipate variations of flow and pressure under transient conditions to mitigate potential problems and possible maintenance issues.
- Develop, maintain, and update technical practices related to leak detection and pipeline hydraulics.
- Conduct pipeline surge studies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve abnormal operating conditions related to leak detection.
- Work with project managers and other engineers to ensure that future projects contain the necessary equipment and instrumentation to achieve leak detection goals.
- Develop and recommend projects to improve the accuracy of leak detection systems.
- Conduct the pipeline hydraulics training of controllers including the classroom and computer-based simulator.
- Develop, own, and drive the leak detection program and function as the technical authority / subject matter expert.
- Participate in HAZOP, risk workshops, MOC’s as Hydraulics/Leak Detection Expert, in addition to other annual reviews and audits.Provide 24/7 response to pipeline emergency situations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 8 years engineering experience
- 3 years of pipeline experience