Learning Resource Information Coordinator
Location: Army Foundation College, Harrogate and other sites operated by Pearson TQ Education & Training within reasonable travelling distance.
Responsible to: Education Manager AFC
To be responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of a quality resource and information service to all Army Foundation College (AFC) students and staff.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
● Provide advice and support to students working on the AFC training programmes.
● Promote, take a lead on and advise on the development of resource based and on-line learning materials.
● Ensure that all Junior Soldiers receive induction to the library services.
● Organise events and visits for example external speakers to promote and develop the resource centre and the learners.
● Link in with the wider college community through the Unit Families Officer and Unit Welfare Officer offering the potential for families and children to utilise the library services.
● To assist where appropriate in supporting the additional learning of students or be willing to undertake training to do so.
● Supervise the use of the resource centre.
● Supervise other staff within the resource centre.
● Act as the point of contact for the resource centre.
● Assist all visitors to the resource centre in the effective use of learning resources, including books, periodicals, project files, IT equipment and software.
● Ensure that all new staff are offered the opportunity for induction and further advice and support.
● Answer enquiries, issue and return of stock, data input and maintenance of the library management system and maintain the registration system.
● Advise the Education Manager on all statistical data and any other success/challenges with serial 3 to inform the client.
● Carry out general maintenance duties with the resource centre including filing and maintenance of records, shelving and tidying.
● Attend meetings as required to contribute to Pearson TQ continued development.
● Evaluate the quality of the service and ensure cost-effectiveness.
● Maintain and develop own professional knowledge and skills.
● Support the line manager and Pearson TQ by maintaining the security of rooms, equipment and materials.
● Provide first level maintenance of IT equipment and software.
● Adhere to all Pearson TQ policies and procedures.
● Produce reports as required by the Education Manager.
● To be accountable for legal compliance with regards to copyright legislation, data protection, licensing constraints, Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
● Liaise with client staff such as representatives of DTSL supplier partners in an open and participatory manner in order to promote effective partnership across the College and other learning establishments.
● Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the line manager.
● This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A DBS Enhanced Disclosure will be requested for the post holder which will contain all convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.
● To be responsible for your own welfare by following the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and other related policies such as Equality, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Prevention of Harassment, Public Disclosure “Whistleblowing” and Data Protection etc.
● Execute the responsibilities of your role according to standards, as set out in the Code of Conduct and staff handbook.
● To maintain a professional image and enhance the company’s reputation for quality and service.
● To at all times enhance and promote the good name and reputation of Pearson TQ with learners, other customers and colleagues.
● To undertake/perform other duties associated with this role as requested by the Education Manager and to observe all client and Pearson TQ site and IT security protocols.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
● A convivial positive individual with a friendly approachable and hospitable manner is essential.
● Possession of good customer care and communication skills (electronic, written and oral) is essential.
● Ability to work independently and use personal initiative is essential.
● Possession of GCSE English/Mathematics Grade C or equivalent is essential.
● Patience and an ability to respond with understanding to learners with a range of learning difficulties are essential.
● IT literacy is essential.
● A flexible and positive approach to work is essential and an awareness that working in a military training environment patterns and work and activity are subject to short notice changes work and an ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure is essential.
● Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team is essential.
● Committed to and enthusiastic about the values of the College as a whole is essential.
● Commitment to and awareness of actively promoting and supporting Diversity & Inclusion is essential.
●Commitment to and adhering to safe working practices including specific requirements of own working environment is essential particularly in regard to Safeguarding &Duty of Care for under 18s in residential settings is essential.
● Commitment to accuracy of information / records and complying with all quality assurance procedures is essential.
● Experience of supporting literacy and numeracy learning in the classroom/support centre is desirable.
● Experience of a Library or Information Services qualification is desirable.
● Experience of dealing with dyslexia, dyspraxia and other barriers to learning is highly desirable.
● Experience of supervising learners in an education/training setting is desirable.
● Experience of supporting learning of students with specific learning difficulties is desirable.
● Experience of teaching young adults in post-compulsory education is desirable.
● Possession of Initial Certificate in Teaching Basic Skills Literacy & Numeracy is desirable.
● Possession of C&G CTLLS or equivalent (or working towards) is desirable.
● Possession of an ICT qualification equivalent to Functional Skills Level 2 is desirable.
● An awareness and understanding of contemporary developments in further education and training is desirable.
● Experience of working in, or with, the uniformed services is desirable.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harrogate
Work Locations: GB-Harrogate-Army Foundation College Army Foundation College Penny Pot Lane Harrogate HG3 2SE
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1809927
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.