What's in it for me
* An opportunity to use your litigation skills in the public interest
* Be part of a supportive team within an excellent organisation
* Able to demonstrate your experience in legal regulation
* Opportunities to be an advocate of the SRA in public events
Our Legal and Enforcement team deals with contentious matters before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and the High Court. It also delivers advice internally on investigations and other legal issues.
As a Legal Adviser you will be providing legal and regulatory advice of a high quality within the SRA, and liaising with external legal professionals. You will gain exposure to managing complex and high-profile cases, where your role will involve demonstrating and sharing knowledge appropriately and providing risk based advise to all stakeholders.
You will need to demonstrate understanding of a regulatory environment as you will be involved in providing high quality legal advice and conducting cases either in house or with the support of external solicitors.
You may be required to make formal decisions upon evidential and public interest tests. Where you become involved in conducting disciplinary or other proceedings, you will need to act in the public interest and ensure cases proceed in a proportionate and timely way.
What we expect
* A solicitor, barrister, registered European lawyer or an equivalent qualified lawyer in a common law or other jurisdiction, with a current practising certificate.
* Someone with exceptional attention to detail
* Resilience and adaptability, in a constantly changing environment
* Ability to acquire and apply extensive knowledge of law and regulation of legal services
We currently have requirements for both permanent and a fixed term contract Legal Advisers. For this specific role we expect this role to be required for a fixed period of time. However, there may be a future opportunity for the role to made permanent, with all things being considered.