Job DescriptionLife Support Facilitator (Advanced Physical Healthcare and ILS Instructor)Learning & Development Team - Registered Clinical Professional(Maternity Cover, 12 months fixed term contract or internal secondment opportunity)NorthamptonBand 6 / ProfessionalSalary - £27,069 - £35,899 plus package Are you passionate about developing the clinical expertise and practice of others? Want to use your skills and knowledge to develop others? Or looking for an opportunity to develop your clinical skills in a different and rewarding way. Then this role within the Learning and Development Team may be the post for you!Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team. Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do – you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career. Your role with us: The role of Life Support Facilitator
The role involves two key areas of responsibility;
What you will need for this role?
- The delivery and facilitation of advanced physical healthcare interventions, in regard to emergency life support and the wider physical healthcare strategy
- Contribute to increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of our clinical staff which helps improve overall patient care.
- It is essential that you have current experience of working in Pre-Hospital Emergency / Accident & Emergency environment or an In-patient Hospital setting
- Ideally you should be Registered clinical professional; such as a Registered Nurse or Qualified Paramedic (Ambulance Technicians will be considered)
- Preferably you would have a learning and development related qualification (such as PETTLS or equivalent experience) and qualifications relating to the delivery of resuscitation and physical healthcare, such as First Aid, would also be of benefit.
- Awareness of specialist mental health settings including, learning disability, ASD or Neuropsychiatry is advantageous.
- The ability to guide and motivate the attitudes, knowledge and skills of others is also key, as you will be relied upon to challenge and influence the practice of clinicians.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Ali Boor on 01604 872558 Rewards
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualificationsClosing date: Sunday 10th February 2019Interview: Tuesday 19th February 2019