Job DescriptionLife Support Facilitator - Learning & Development Team(Maternity Cover, 12 months fixed term contract)NorthamptonBand 6 / ProfessionalSalary - £27,069 - £35,899 plus packageAre you passionate about developing the clinical expertise and practice of others? This role within the Learning and Development Team may be the post for you!The main focus of this post is to both deliver and facilitate a range of learning interventions which will enable staff to provide the very best care for our patients.You’ll also have lots of support to continue your professional development and to remain up to date with your clinical practice, as well as further opportunities to progress your career.Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team. Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do – you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career.Your role with us:The role of Life Support Facilitator
The role involves two key areas of responsibility;
What you will need for this role?
- the delivery and facilitation of learning interventions, in regard to emergency life support and the wider physical healthcare strategy, via a wide range of different media
- the facilitation of on-going practice development through effective ward based support
- It is essential that you have experience of working in Pre-Hospital Emergency or Accident & Emergency environment
- Ideally you should be Registered clinical professional; such as a Registered Nurse, Qualified Paramedic (Ambulance Technicians will be considered)
- Preferably you would have a learning and development related qualification (such as PETTLS or equivalent) and qualifications relating to the delivery of resuscitation and physical healthcare would be of benefit, however there will be an opportunity to undertake qualifications in these areas for the successful candidate.
- Awareness of specialist mental health settings including, learning disability, ASD or Neuropsychiatry is advantageous.
- The ability to guide and motivate the attitudes, knowledge and skills of others is also key, as you will be relied upon to challenge and influence the practice of clinicians.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualificationsClosing date: Sunday 16th December 2018Interview: Tuesday 8th January 2019