Line Performance Manager
Upto £45,000 depending on experience plus potential of 8% bonus and additional benefits
42 hours, Days based across Monday – Friday
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, driven individual to join our Nestlé Purina business within our Factory as a Line Performance Manager, reporting directly to the Area Manager. This role is a key role for the factory; responsible for a defined set of production assets, as a Line Performance Manager you will have full accountability and autonomy for driving their area to World Class performance levels in Safety, Quality, Cost and Service.
In order to achieve this, the Line Performance Manager will lead the TPM implementation within the biggest area at site and passionately focus on building individual & team competences to execute critical standards with excellence, whist building team autonomy and a continuous improvement mind-set.
A day in the life of a Line Performance Manager
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Wisbech factory makes some of the UK’s most well known and much loved brands, such as Felix, Winalot, Gourmet, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the capital of the Fens. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Wisbech remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Not only does this role cover a defined amount of assets as above but it also is expected to drive Nestlé Continuous Excellence and continuous improvements through the operation and processes within the manufacturing department by empowering and engaging the operators.
Other Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Leading development of direct reports of up to 20 individuals to provide appropriate skills and flexibility of workforce to suit current and future needs aligned to business goals, using tools such as coaching, competence matrices and development plans.
• Working with the technical operators and Line Performance Engineers to coordinate and prioritise resource to achieve production and maintenance plans with quality execution of TPM.
• Leading and coaching Operational Reviews to drive and embed a continuous improvement mind-set to support the achievement of the Operational Master Plan.
• Creating strategies and priorities for the line to deliver the drivers for the Operational Master Plan (OMP) in all key areas – SHE, Quality, Supply Chain, Operations and Cost.
• Coaching, training and assessing to ensure the capability of the team and the rigorous application of standards and methodologies, driving autonomy and accountability at the lowest level.
• Accountable for team capability, succession planning and all aspects of people management, including attendance management, disciplinary and DPR.
What will make you successful
To be considered for this pivotal role within the Wisbech Factory, we are looking for candidates with experience in a fast -paced manufacturing environment in roles such as a shift manager in a large comprehensive business or a junior area manager, other key attributes will include:
• Proven experience managing a large team in a production manufacturing environment.
• Mechanical and technical comprehension required. Ideally educated in a Engineering discipline.
• Someone who displays strong initiative and drive for continuous improvement with a natural coaching & development style and a genuine interest in people development.
• You will have experience within TPM, continuous improvements and lean manufacturing.
• Be able to work effectively under pressure, with high-energy and proactive style.
• You will need to demonstrate understanding of Safety, Engineering, Quality and Labour regulations.
• Experience of developing strategy to drive line improvement.
• Strong leadership capability and operational management experience is a must have.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 31st of January 2022.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.