The Logistics Coordinator role supports the responsibility for BP Lubricants - America operations covering freight spend of $85 Million, which includes all related modes of transportation associated with the movement of product through supply chain networks to our customers operations.
Working within the Enterprise Resource Planning tool (ERP) while collaborating with our third-party logistics (3PL), Freight Pay & Audit (FP&A), Freight Carriers, and finance partners to ensure compliant cost control is enforced to provide good stewardship to the annual freight budget.
- Management of the freight payment funding process.
- Work with SLI and carrier (including BP Marine) to resolve disconnect on carrier invoice vs. Expect to pay.
- Dispute and decline illegitimate carrier invoices.
- Submit the invoice & General Ledger summary to appropriate BP personal per DOA limits for approval.
- Analysis of logistic cost data.
- Analyses and interprets data to find trends in data.
- Provide logistics cost input to Sales and Procurement via IMLF process and data master team.
- Development of month end accruals.
- Perform various ad hoc analysis on historical spend, current activity, aging invoices, etc.
- Application of Credit from a supplier.
- Work with appropriate supplier and BP contact to accurately assign GL code and apply credit to correct account.
- Periodic monitoring of Aging Reports.
- Perform routine updates / edits to routes in the ERP.
- Work with Customer Care to create and assign routes to orders with limited lead time.
- Perform routine updates to freight rate tables in the ERP.
- Perform updates to Shipment Cost Information, collaborating with partners, in support of Expect to Pay process.
- Interface with procurement for PO management of various freight activity - provide assurance in the ERP for payment.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years Logistics and/or Financial experience required.
- Strong systems and IT background in an ERP; SAP experience required.
- Working knowledge of carrier operations.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis capabilities.
- Overall understanding of operations, business and finance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to think strategically.