Job DescriptionMaintenance Assistant Technician£20,459 - £25,289 Per Annum , Inclusive of London Fringe AllowanceHours 37.5 Per Week
Location - Basildon, Essex
St Andrew’s is the UK’s leading charitable provider of specialist mental healthcare. Unlike traditional independent providers we have no shareholders. As a charity we are in the unique position to reinvest our surpluses into cutting-edge specialist services, state-of-the-art facilities and developing experienced dedicated staff.
We have sites across Northampton, Birmingham, Nottinghamshire and Essex; The Maintenance Support role is primarily to provide support to the Planned Preventative Maintenance Team and the Building Maintenance Team to ensure that maintenance tasks are completed to meet St Andrew’s Healthcare strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The Maintenance Support role is required to undertake a variety of maintenance and minor repair tasks as directed by the Team Leaders including, basic building, carpentry, decoration, mechanical re-sets, plant monitoring, data collection and contractors.Required skills and Responsibilities:
Closing Date Sunday 10th February 2019.
- Good general education to GCSE or equivalent.
- Higher Education qualification to City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 or BTEC ONC in Building Maintenance related discipline.
- BSC Level 1 / IOSH Managing Safety Certificate.
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working in a property maintenance environment.
- Previously worked as Maintenance Support, Caretaker or Handyman.
- Experience of Carpentry / Decorating and Plumbing and basic awareness of Mechanical & electrical plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to use basic IT software including Microsoft Office applications.
- Be extremely organised coupled with office administration skills.
- Good levels of interpersonal, communication and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written with both internal and external customers.
- Be highly self motivated with the ability to prioritise work, maintain confidentiality and work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- You will hold a clean driving licence.
- Offer flexibility at all times as the occasional need to work unsociable hours will be required.