Reports to: Engineering Superintendent
This plant operates Monday through Friday
- Monitor operation of equipment in assigned areas on a routine basis and address emerging issues.
- Monitor fixed and rotating equipment performance and operation; identify causes of unreliability and propose solutions to meet site goals.
- Provide technical support for routine fixed and rotating equipment maintenance work.
- Provide technical support for all emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for assigned areas.
- Perform mechanical design and issue job notes and construction packages for implementation.
- Provide mechanical design review on the Front End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to insure that final product meets site philosophy.
- Manage Plant Expense Projects and small capital projects typically <$100k using the Capital Value Process.
- Participate in formal root cause failure analyses.
- Identify turnaround scope for assigned areas.
- Review/develop scope for critical turnaround jobs.
- Support turnaround field work to ensure quality and compliance with construction packages.
- Support unit startups for critical equipment after major equipment repairs
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for MOC’s and unit revalidations.
- Trend equipment reliability in assigned area.
- Create/revise maintenance procedures, as necessary.
- Adhere to the MOC process for field/shop modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Provide assistance to the Maintenance Hourly Trainer for craft training.
- Assist with training Operation personnel on modifications to equipment.
- Work with Optimization Engineers and Reliability Engineer to reach agreement on causes of unreliability.
- Provide input into the reliability forecast for assigned units to include potential risks to the forecast.
- Work with operations, production planning and maintenance to identify opportunities for implementation of problem solutions.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Communicate the job scope to Maintenance Job Reps for contract work.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Understand how the work of the Reliability Team affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Support the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Uphold BP's commitment to health, safety, and security. Support your area to uphold BP's HSSE policy. Support the site Local Operating Management System (LOMS).
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
Must have excellent communication skills in English
5+ years of experience as a maintenance/reliability engineer in a plant environment.
Co-op experience in a plant environment preferred