Maintenance Methods Engineer
Up to £45,000 depending on experience plus additional benefits
Full Time, Days Based Position
If you’re a talented and experienced Maintenance Methods Engineer/Reliability Engineer, this is an exceptional opportunity to further your career with Nestlé Purina - part of one of the world’s most successful companies.
Nestlé Purina produce some of the UK’s best-loved pet-food brands, including Felix, Winalot, Gourmet and Purina ONE. We’re constantly looking for new ways to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring their four-legged friends receive products of such high quality that mealtimes can’t come soon enough!
As Maintenance Methods Engineer, you’ll be at the heart of the Wisbech factory operations, ensuring all our machines and equipment perform at the levels expected of a world class company, whilst ensuring the safety of all those who use them..
A day in the life of a Methods Engineer
You will be part of the maintenance methods and technical support team, making sure all equipment is in basic condition for those who operate it. Devising maintenance plans to drive performance and determine the way maintenance is carried out by your team, you’ll also manage the cost of our on-going maintenance projects. Your objective will be to make the factory as productive and safe as possible.
Other key activities will include:
• Evaluation and implementation of preventive maintenance strategy
• Training, coaching and assessing maintenance team.
• Sharing and benchmarking best practices with the wider Nestlé network.
• Create and ensure compliance with the maintenance budget.
• Define the strategy to the technical store.
• Define and apply the strategy with 3rd party contractors.
• Providing weekly maintenance reports.
• Ensuring a Change Management strategy is in place and driving the associated risk assessments and contingency plans.
What will make you successful
Most importantly, you’ll need to be passionate about helping to drive our journey towards becoming a LEAN enterprise. This is a hugely exciting, world-wide change to the way Nestlé operates. It’s not in just any job that you get to play a key part in helping a world-leading company undertake the biggest change in its history!
We are also looking for:
• Experience within the technical maintenance field in a corresponding industry, ideally food production (preferably meat) or consumer goods
• A track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams.
• A time served apprentice or hold a undergraduate degree in a technical or scientific discipline or equivalent.
• Process engineering design knowledge.
• Technical documentation management skills.
• Knowledge of packaging and associated processes.
• Good organisation and financial management skills.
• SAP knowledge and TPM methodology – additional advantages.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 28th October 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!