The Maintenance Team Lead manages all aspects of the Maintenance Execution team dedicated to fixed equipment such as piping and vessels. This includes direction-setting, personnel development, oversight of work quality, establishment of standards, development and implementation of improvements, and measurement of results. In conjunction with the Maintenance Superintendent and other maintenance superintendents, the Maintenance Team Lead also provides leadership of routine maintenance activities at Toledo Refinery.
- Develops, mentors, and supervises Maintenance Supervisors through coaching, training, and other developmental activities. Assures supervision, training and development of Maintenance Craft employees, including BP and/or contract Heavy Crafts (Pipefitters, Boilermakers, Welders), and Equipment Operators.
- Acts as champion of the Maintenance Execution work practices in support of the business goals and safe, quality, reliable and competitive Maintenance services.
- Proactively supports the Reliability strategy and work practices in support of the business goals. Supports the concepts that no failure is unavoidable, that fit-for-purpose analyses are conducted for all failures and that opportunities are taken to improve equipment and processes as part of the normal routine.
- Assures and optimizes Maintenance execution practices and procedures to achieve cost-effective results, proper training and performance of Craft personnel, and high-quality execution of work with a focus on Safety and Availability.
- Leads execution of planned and unplanned unit shutdowns executed by the Maintenance team, including, efficient completion of high quality field execution, tracking and closeout activities.
- Assures appropriate Control of Work requirements, HSSE reviews, actions and considerations are addressed or completed in the execution of work.
- Provides support and execution of multi-year infrastructure programs and projects.
- Responsible for effective maintenance of facilities and buildings throughout the refinery, including auxiliary systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical, along with grounds upkeep, lawns, fences, parking lots and roadways. Ensures high standards of preventive maintenance, corrective repairs and janitorial and cleaning services for facilities are completed and facility improvements are performed.
- Assures annual budget is managed and maintained for areas of responsibility.
- Supports the use of high-quality Maintenance and Reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) along with other input to drive performance and implementation of improvements as appropriate.
- Administers the union - company labor agreement fairly and consistently, with an understanding and consideration for the company's position on issues. Coordinates actions and responses with other members of management. Investigates grievances thoroughly and responds at first step. Participates in arbitration hearings as required.
- Support the execution of Turnarounds as outlined per the Turnaround Common Process (TCP) milestones and deliverables requirements.
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Required: Minimum of three (3) years prior supervisor/people management experience AND minimum Ten (10) years' experience in maintenance repairs, engineering and reliability activities
- Preferred: Background in maintenance and/or capital project execution, contractor relations, and some exposure to plant operations.