At bp, we 're reimagining energy and so could you. Working offshore at bp is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets. Join us and make a difference!
The Maintenance Instrument Technician is member of a multi-discipline team: maintaining the process and utilities systems in a safe and efficient manner. Responsibilities include performing safe delivery of maintenance work on facility. The main purpose of this position is to ensure availability of facility instrumentation, measurement devices and final control elements.
- Troubleshoot equipment efficiently, determine the root cause of the problem, and execute the proper repair that will deliver safe and reliable operation of the equipment
- Maintain controls systems, rebuild valves, piping connections, measurement equipment, flow meters, transmitters (pressure/flow/temp/Level), fire and gas, ESS, DCS, PSS)
- Follow all safety, environmental and regulatory rules applicable to facility and completes Control of Work (CoW) requirements daily
- Responsible for identifying and knowing the tools, materials, and procedures prior to the execution of work
- Maintain daily recording of pertinent work order information (planner feedback, technical history, failure reporting, time, request for master data changes, lessons learned, etc.)
- Work Management processes and standards within planning activities and monitoring the agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Adhere to a culture of reliability and continuous improvement
- Ensure shift and crew-change handovers are accurately recorded in the appropriate log and in compliance with the Guidance on Shift Handovers
- Act as member of the emergency response team and align with the responsibilities assigned as defined in the Emergency Response Plan
- Participate in emergency response exercises to ensure a full understanding of the process and procedures
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a 2 - 4-year apprenticeship program or technical degree within core craft
- Experience in the petrochemical, manufacturing, or related field; or military experience with a military occupational specialty / rate in an instrumentation or related discipline.
- Proven track record in instrumentation troubleshooting, calibration techniques for transmitters, actuators, process analyzers, controllers, Fire &Gas detectors, pneumatic & electronic control valves, remote telemetry devices, pneumatic & hydraulic circuits
- Knowledge of Hazardous Area Locations requirements for Electrical Installations
- Knowledge of P&IDs, C&E Chart, Safety Flow Diagram, SafeChart, basic electrical safety
- Strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record
- A fitness for duty assessment and serve as a member of an emergency response team
- Must possess a TWIC Card (Transportation Workers Identity Credential)
- Comfortable riding in a helicopter or boat over Gulf of Mexico waters for extended periods and be transferred to/from a boat via personnel basket swung by a crane with or without reasonable accommodations
- Basic to advanced knowledge of electronic maintenance monitoring planning systems.
- Strong team working skills, along with experience working with engineers and multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge and demonstrated previous use of PLC's and Input/Output or equivalent
- Knowledge and demonstrated previous use of Industrial Communications Systems (Ethernet, Modbus, OPC) and associated Electrical Interfaces (RS-232C, RS-485, RS-422) or equivalent
Other requirements (eg. Travel, location)
- Wiling to work 12- hour shifts on rotation 14 &14 shift offshore in the Gulf of Mexico
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement