The Maintenance Technician - Measurement is responsible for performing safe delivery of maintenance work on facility. The Maintenance Technician - Measurement is a member of a multi-discipline team, maintaining the process and utilities systems in a safe and efficient manner. The main purpose of this position is to ensure availability and reliability of the facility, measurement devices and final control elements.
- Performs safe, efficient and reliable planned and corrective maintenance delivery for assigned trade(s).
- Responsible for supporting equipment reliability and availability.
- Follow and comply with all safety, environmental and regulatory rules applicable and Control of Work requirements.
- Responsible for identifying and knowing the tools, materials, and procedures prior to the execution of work.
- Jointly design and build maintenance planning schedules as required.
- Efficient execution of work and continuously improve execution performance.
- Identify all risks associated with any assigned work prior to execution.
- Record of pertinent work order information to support a culture of reliability and continuous improvement (failure reporting, work method improvements, work activity duration, request for master data changes, lessons learned, etc.)
- Responsible for close-out / completion of the work in compliance with the Control of Work Standards, including the clean-up of work sites and the returning of unused materials to the storeroom.
- Communicate job progress to the Maintenance Team Leader to ensure productivity and maximize wrench time when there is inefficient planning or a break in the schedule.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a 2 - 4 year apprenticeship program or technical degree within core craft
- Experience in the petrochemical, manufacturing or related industry; or military experience with a military occupational specialty / rate in a instrumentation or related discipline.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Area Locations requirements
- Basic knowledge of Measurement Safety
- Strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record
- The willingness and ability to successfully complete a fitness for duty assessment
- The willingness and ability to serve as a member of an emergency response team
- A fitness for duty assessment and serve as a member of an emergency response team
- Must possess a TWIC Card (Transportation Workers Identity Credential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of common operations readiness elements is also preferred
- Strong team working skills, along with experience working with engineers and multidisciplinary teams
Other requirements (eg. Travel, location)
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts on rotation 14 &14 shift offshore in the Gulf of Mexico
Grade MResponsible for carrying out planned or unplanned maintenance and repair activities on a wide range of electronic equipment, process control, and/or safety systems.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement