At bp, we 're reimagining energy and so could you. Working offshore at bp is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets. Join us and make a difference!
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing safe delivery of maintenance work on facility. It's a member of a multi-discipline team, maintaining the process and utilities systems in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow all safety, environmental and regulatory rules applicable to facility and completes Control of Work (CoW) requirements daily
- Responsible for identifying and knowing the tools, materials, and procedures prior to the execution of work
- Maintain daily recording of pertinent work order information (planner feedback, technical history, failure reporting, time, request for master data changes, lessons learned, etc.)
- Perform Work Management processes and standards within planning activities and supervising the agreed upon Key Performance Indicators
- Adhere to a culture of reliability and continuous improvement
- Understand and allign with the Management of Change (MoC) process for all procedural, equipment or process changes as needed
- Ensure shift and crew-change handovers are accurately recorded in the appropriate log and in compliance with the Guidance and Shift Handovers
- Act as member of the emergency response team and align with the responsibilities assigned as defined in the Emergency Response Plan
- Participate in emergency response exercises to ensure a full understanding of the process and procedures
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a 2 - 4-year apprenticeship program or technical degree within core craft
- Experience as a mechanic/millwright in the petrochemical or related industry; or military experience with a military occupational specialty / rate in a mechanical or related discipline.
- The willingness and ability to work in small/confined places, as well as work on high platforms, walk on high elevation grating and walk up and down steps
- Comfortable riding in a helicopter or boat over Gulf of Mexico waters for extended periods and be transferred to/from a boat via personnel basket swung by a crane with or without reasonable accommodations
- The willingness and ability to successfully complete a fitness for duty assessment.
- The willingness and ability to serve as a member of an emergency response team.
- Must possess a TWIC Card (Transportation Workers Identity Credential)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of machinery and systems that support oil and gas process flows. or military experience with a military occupational specialty / rate in a related discipline.
Other requirements (eg. Travel, location)
- Willing to work 12 - hour shifts on rotation 14&14 shift offshore in the Gulf of Mexico
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement