Manager - Content Strategy
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing (GCAM) communicates Pearson's unique position as the world's learning company, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key stakeholders and customers across the global audiences around the world.
We focus on helping to strengthen our reputation with policymakers, influencers, the general public, and our employees. We ensure that our brand, communication, digital, and marketing efforts are being driven with global consistency and address our customers’ needs. Collectively, our work is anchored in building a strong global Pearson brand with social purpose at its heart.
We are looking for a highly experienced, collaborative, and creative expert to take on the role ofManager of Content,leading our web content strategy and helping to build understanding and excitement about our digital strategy across Pearson.
You will work closely with UX and Design colleagues, as well as teams such as Platform Strategy, Technology, Marketing, and Corporate Affairs, on web content projects, ranging from campaigns to product onboarding to development of ecommerce capabilities.
Reporting to theVP, Platform Strategy, Content and Operations, you will use user-centered and business-goal-driven content design to shape the digital content strategy overall for Pearson, and specifically forPearson marketing sites, through the creation of global standards, best practices, and contentthat can be used across marketing and eCommerce sites.
Your job will occasionally involve editorial services such as reviewing and editing content and meta data for specific content projects, and you will oversee the writing and editing work of contractors and freelancers.
Collaboration, partnership, and active stakeholder management are foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Contribute to Pearson’s global content strategy for web content, including web domain strategy
- Collaborate with Social Impact and Brand team to measure and analyzing what’s working and what isn’t with regard to the content marketing efforts
- Serve as a web marketing expert and evangelist both internally and externally and lead through influence
- Create and socialize web content standards, best practices, and processes via:
- Documentation and reference materials (digital content style guides, playbooks, etc.)
- Content trainings in local markets and lines of business
- Membership and participation in the Content center of excellence
- Develop and support content migrations:
- Own the content audit process and deliverables
- Train local teams on processes, standards, and best practices
- Develop the information architecture (IA)
- Work with UX to develop site navigation
- Support the business with auditing and mapping content to the new IA
- Help the business develop content requirements per page or section
- Own the IA, navigation, and content localisation process for smaller markets
- Contribute to the global information architecture (IA) & specifications and validate recommendations through testing with users
- Oversee taxonomy and tagging of content on our websites
- Contribute to and help define the user experience design standards across the platform that will be used by all UX/interaction designers
- Create content requirements and documentation to guide user experience/visual designers and development teams
- Collaborate with the user experience/visual designers on wireframes, page flow/task flow designs, and navigation
- Oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas
- Successfully present your ideas and documentation to a cross-functional team to elicit constructive feedback and actively participate in design reviews
- Consolidate and articulate feedback arising from user testing, to explain and contextualize the decisions for product owners, stakeholders, and peers
- Provide editorial services on select web content projects
- Identify, hire, and manage project-related contractors and vendors as necessary
- Proven work experience as a web content manager
- Track record of achievement, translating complex strategies into actionable plans
- Solid organization, time management, project management, resource management, and planning skills;proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions; ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills in American and British English, with extensive experience writing for the web
- Experience with web application implementations, preferably using agile methodology
- Significant experience operating in a global environment; demonstration of cultural awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills; can build trust-based relationships, lead and persuade by influence, collaborate, and adapt style and approach to different stakeholder personalities and levels within the company
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML, content management systems, and web publishing
- Proficient with SEO, domain strategy, information architecture, and analytics
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Open to new ideas and learning new skills; agile in an evolving environment
- Sound judgement in assessing factors and risks and making decisions that uphold Pearson’s core values and business strategy
- Brave:Resilient – you operate well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Imaginative:– You find creative, simple ways to tell Pearson’s story
- Decent:You share Pearson’s values and believe in the company mission and are a trusted confidant to colleagues and external sources
Accountable:You operate with integrity and deliver what you’ve promised
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806755
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.