Manager, Global Social Media
We are the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That’s why we’re committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive and diverse — and where our people can be themselves — so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.
Pearson is featured on The Forbes list of Best Employers and The Stonewall Top 100 Employers list, and we are recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
As the Manager, Global Social Media you will:
- Be a trusted partner in developing and deploying social strategies and content to support Pearson’s key growth and brand goals, articulating metrics and path for success.
- Develop social media content that helps Pearson connect to key audiences, growing positive Pearson brand perception and consumer relationships through earned and owned channels.
- Provide day to day channel management for Pearson’s global brand channels, including writing and managing posts and engaging with the public on behalf of the company.
- Support the internal communications the UK business with blog writing, and GOL/UK town hall content as required; and produce newsletter once a fortnight for the UK business in support of our IIP certification. This constitutes 25-30% of time.
- Understand different audiences and how internal communications/social media can support brand storytelling.
- Manage the tools and platforms used in Pearson’s social listening program and compose social listening reports for major campaigns and/or reputation issues.
- Contribute to communicating Pearson’s innovation story through concepting and development of key Pearson and learner-centric stories, across channels and formats.
- Find innovative ways to tailor existing content allowing it to live in multiple places and channels, leveraging the unique strength of the channel and consumer behaviors.
- Provide day to day management of a global programming calendar that reflects marketing and communications content and programming tactics, collaborating with key cross- functional team members and partner agencies.
- Help drive internal thinking about how Pearson shows up in the world and articulate POVs with clear executable tactics that will help test and prove new ways Pearson can communicate with key audiences.
- Collaborate with all GCAM functions including, financial communications, strategy and operations, government affairs and key functions outside of GCAM including Strategy, North America and Product
- Work closely with a team of agencies and consultants responsible for content development and social media support.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential Skills /Experience
- Strong experience in community managing social and digital platform for a consumer brand, or marquee non profitor education brand
- Proven track record of creating engaging digital content in support of purpose led brand
- Proven experience in internal communications campaigns; employee engagement expertise in a global business
- Experience in digital publishing with superb writing and content development skills
- Hands on experience as the day to day platform and community manager for a major brand
- Experience in developing sophisticated, hyper engaging content
- Understanding of paid media tactics, including creating, tracking and communicating key performance indicators across digital channels
- Ability to be a culture carrier within an organization and inspire others with positive attitude and enthusiasm
- A high level of professionalism, maturity and accountability
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Strategic Decision Making: obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships to achieve long-range business goals; accomplishing goals based on insights and resources
- Aligning Performance for Success: supporting the business in achieving sales targets; empowering and equipping colleagues to drive progress towards common goals
- Accountability and Ownership: taking ownership for content and social media work and driving achievement
- Innovation: generating innovative solutions; trying different ways to solve problems and create opportunities for business growth
- Collaboration and Partnering: identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships between your area and other teams, departments and external organizations to help achieve business goals
- Results, People and Values: delivering results, working effectively with and through others and promoting the values of Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable. Puts the learner at the center of our purpose of helping people to make progress in their lives through learning
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2020
Job Unposting: Oct 5, 2020
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2006789
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.