Manager of Technical Project Managers
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Purpose of the Role:
There are two main areas of focus for this role, to manage the team of Technical Project Managers in Poznań office and act as an Agile Coach for whole organization supporting Agile flourishing within Pearson Poznań office and beyond.
As a People Manager:
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, onboarding and training employees, maintaining a safe, secure and legal work environment; developing growth opportunities for direct reports,
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating clearly job expectations; planning, monitoring and evaluating job results;
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering business, financial, service and operational information; identifying trends and options; pointing direction, defining objectives and evaluating outcomes;
- Works with Project Manager to resolve issues on the regular basis.
- Adopts and cascades to other TPMs reporting and governance standards agreed with Project Manager.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements and preparing data for an annual Operating Plan for Agile teams
- Maintains quality by enforcing quality and customer service standards, recommending possible process improvements;
- Conducts all necessary processes for People Manager, starting from performance assessment, through salary and AIP revision, development and trainings assignment etc.
As an Agile Coach:
- Serving organization in a ways of leading and coaching the organization in its Agile frameworks adoption; planning PCS/SAFe/Scrum implementations within the organization; helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Agile approach and empirical product development; causing change that increases the productivity of the Agile Team.
- Assuring effective cooperation between TPMs and other stakeholders especially with Project Managers
- Spreads Agile concepts and mental models through Poznań office and beyond (whole Pearson organization) by providing regular support and guidance;
- Coaches individuals in a range of ways: starting from personal, one-to-one interaction, through team coaching and workshop or lectures organizations (led internally and outside of the company)
- Maintains his/her own professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies (like e.g. PAUG etc.), benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- SCRUM group management skills (Team Leading)
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ability to execute and control processes included in Agile methodologies
- Ability to identify and solve the Agile Team’s problems
- Ability of facilitating close cooperation between all roles and functions in Agile methodologies
- Diploma (min. Bachelor’s Degree)
- Technical background would be of high value but not a must
- Fluent in Agile methods, certifications confirming Scrum knowledge - min. PSM I by Scrum.org or equivalent
- Min. 5 years of experience in running operations, ideally in international environment
- Prior experience coaching multiple Agile project teams, ideally with experience in different agile methods such as Kanban, XP, SAFe, Lean in a scaled environment
- Good technical understanding of online and mobile technologies
- Experience in developing enterprise systems, customer portals and platforms for online learning and assessment
- Good stakeholder management – manages stakeholders expectations and ensures clear and regular proactive communications with stakeholders and key interfaces, ensuring that they are fully aware of how, when and what decisions are made.
Primary Location: PL-PL-Poznan
Work Locations: PL-Poznan-77 Dabrowskiego Dąbrowskiego 77 Poznan 60-529
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1800844