Manager- Web Analytics & Reporting
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing (GCAM) communicates Pearson's unique position as the world's learning company, while building strong and enduring relationships with our key stakeholders across the global audiences around the world. We focus on helping to strengthen our reputation with policymakers, influencers, the general public, and our employees. We ensure that our brand, communication, digital, and marketing efforts are being driven with global consistency. Collectively, our work is anchored in building a strong global Pearson brand with social purpose at its heart.
We are looking for a sharp, driven, and detail oriented expert to take on the role as Analytics & Reporting Manageron all aspectsof planning and development of key analytical initiatives, helping to build understanding and excitement around the ambitious strategy throughout Pearson. You will also partner closely with others, including Platform Strategy, on any Content Operations activity.
Reporting to the Director of Data and Analytics, you will help shape the data and analytics landscape for overall for Pearson, and specifically for the digital experience arena, and build the team’s global community and culture.
Collaboration, partnership and active stakeholder management is foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
- Works closely with management to shape programme strategy
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
- Oversee all analytics operations to correct discrepancies and ensure quality
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. operations, IT, customer feedback)
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting; industry experience is a plus
- Strong familiarity with Google 360 suite: Analytics, Tag Manager & Optimize
- Background in market research and project management
- Superb communication skills
- Analytical skills and strong organizational abilities
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Degree (or equivalent) preferable
- Communication- You have developed interpersonal skills and use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candour. You appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt your style and approach accordingly.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills– You will bring with you a network of relationships, and a track record of excellent internal stakeholder management at all levels, seen as a trusted advisor to the company leadership.
- Analytical Skill and Learning Agility– You take a systematic, structured view of situations,while staying focused on the big picture. You have the capacity to be open to new ideas and comfortable exploring areas where there are no right answers.
- Global Perspective– You have significant experience operating in a global environment and are able to demonstrate international cultural agility.
- Deliver Results– You have a track record of achievement, translating complex strategies into actionable plans.
- TimeManagement -Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Judgment and problem-solving skills– You demonstrate sound judgement in assessing business risks and make decisions that balance a variety of factors and considerations whilst always maintaining the integrity of the core values and business strategy.
- Organised- ability to manage resources effectively
- Brave- Resilient – operating under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accountable- Integrity & Delivers what is promised;
- Decent– represents Pearson’s values and believes in the company mission, is a trusted confidant to colleagues and external sources
- Imaginative– finds insights to tell Pearson’s story and tells compelling stories simply.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations US-NJ-Hoboken, GB-GB-Oxford, US-MA-Boston
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1807005
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.