The MEM leads and drives the Continuous Improvement process within manufacturing (including maintenance excellence), supports and enables effective day to day execution within the plant providing problem solving support within the manufacturing portfolio as required, leads the performance management assurance process for the operations, manages the roadmap change agenda that impacts the plant, and supports and facilitates the development and refreshing of the long range (5 year) strategic plans for the plant. As the MEM, you will also drive the capability development program for the network, creating opportunities to develop the talent pipeline within manufacturing is responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfac tion. You will Act as the strategic and hands on internal resource to facilitate the vision, execution and communications of Continuous Improvement processes (i.e. Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Preventive Maintenance Optimization, TQM/QCDSM). This includes managing manufacturing data analysis the planning/scheduling of production, manufacturing data analysis and OEE/PMO implementation. This position supports the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety. OMS elements comprise a systematic way of working that will deliver safe, reliable systematic and effective operations.
The MEM will partner with the Training & Development Manager and HSSE Coordinator, to ensure that all elements of OMS are implemented and systematic, and in control, at the plant level with the proper stakeholder engagement and through training, documentation, communication, auditing, coaching and mentoring.
An additional responsibility is maintaining a “Continuous Improvement” culture across the BTR plant through the successful management of change initiatives that deliver business priorities. The incumbent will act as a transformation agent and has the responsibility for engaging the workforce and building continuous improvement capability development at the site.
- 0 Accidents; 0 Incidents; $0 Property Damage; 0 Damage to the environment
- Conformance to BP’s Operating Management System (OMS)
- No NOV’s from regulatory agency audits and inspections
- 100% On-Time Completion of Compliance Tasks (CTM) and HSSE tracking
- Completion of OMS Action Plan
- OMS Compliance as a Risk Owner and/or Action Owner and/or Risk Advisor accountable for assigned risk assurance and management responsibilities as defined in OMS 3.1 Lubricants Global Risk Assessment and Management Process Roles and Responsibilities procedure (Doc. No: 18749) which is maintained in the OMS Online 3.1 Process Toolbox.
- Acts as the Continuous Improvement/Change Management Champion:
- Leads efforts to cultivate a site -wide understanding of “Continuous Improvement” application in support of delivering business value. Works closely with the leadership team to understand and agree business priorities and provides coaching to the LT for becoming better Continuous Improvement sponsors
- Develops and implements BTR Continuous Improvement/Change Management plan, ensure prioritization and alignment of activities that deliver business priorities (enable PIC) to deliver risk reduction and bottom line business improvement
- Monitors Activity/progress in monitoring of key CI metrics to track value contribution
- Manage the site portfolio for improvement projects and provide leadership team regular progress update
- Establish a baseline of capability to coach others at the site to reduce risks, improve safety, operations, reliability, and project performance through CI application
- Manages maturity of CI journey and develop an understanding of the site’s needs in order to anticipate the requests for support and leverage learning between Petrochem business units
- Facilitate CI/Change Management workshops/training as requested
- Provide updates on CI activities, networking insights and achievements at monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes to align with the SAP model for system implementation.
- Provide leadership for delivery of the KPI’s in the Baton Rouge facility.
- Ensure all processes implemented are documented; have accountabilities assigned; have competencies defined and assurance processes in place (DACA).
- Provide functional leadership for selected OMS elements (e.g. C&CM, BCP, etc.)
- Budget development and reporting responsibilities for the plan (in conjunction with the PM).
Bachelor of Science Degree (prefer Engineering or Environmental)
- Experience in leading Operations in a manufacturing plant
- Experience in leading HSSE in a manufacturing plant
- Experience with leading Projects and/or Program Implementation Management
- Demonstrated leadership for functional areas in a manufacturing plant or organization (e.g. C&CM, BCP, Training and Development, etc.)
- Ability to work as a team member in a high speed packaging and chemical plant environment.
- Strong project management, communication, influencing and networking skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).