Marketing Automation Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Summary of Role:
To drive maximum engagement from Pearson UK’s customers through digital channels, with the goal to increase lead generation, conversions, engagement and loyalty.
TheMarketing Automation Managerwill direct and educate the marketing teams on how to optimise and deliver campaigns using marketing automation in order to achieve the maximum benefits and return on investment.
The role holder will provide advice for running campaigns and help build and develop our marketing automation roadmap, ensuring the marketing teams are embracing a digital first approach. They will also own the reporting centred on email and social media across Pearson UK, working closely with theSenior Manager - Automation & Lead Generationto follow best practice and global standards and thePaid Search & Analytics Managerto create one central view of the UK Digital Marketing ecosystem. TheMarketing Automation Managerwill manage the Senior Marketing Automation Executive, the Digital Assistant and the UK transition from a legacy email platform.
Main activities / responsibilities:
- Be the UK lead for digital campaigns within Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget/Pardot)
- Take the lead role in the scoping, planning, roll-out and implementation of Salesforce email, marketing automation to UK marketing and the wider UK business, ensuring value from the platform is maximised
- Oversee UK strategy for marketing automation in collaboration with Global Marketing Data & Analytics team.
- Work with the Global Data & Analytics team to identify, prioritise and champion continuous advancement of email features, including targeting, personalisation and automation and provide consultancy to UK teams on global best practice, strategies and industry standards
- Deliver best-in-class email campaigns and strategies with a key focus on maximising conversion rates, best practice, branding and deliverability
- Manage eCommerce cart abandonment email strategy and welcome programmes, driving revenue through continuous testing and improvement
- Build social as a key customer acquisition channel, working with the Analytics and Search Manager to deliver an optimised, integrated digital media strategy across paid social and PPC that drives conversions & delivers a consistent experience for digital customers
- Assist Pearson UK teams with the delivery of effective paid social media campaigns, using expertise and data-driven decisions to advise on best approaches and strategy
- Be the key point of contact for Digital Marketing during the UK exam season, assisting multiple stakeholder groups with policy breaches and reputation management on Social Media.
- Drive the implementation of analysis dashboards for social listening, particularly during exam periods and maintain the escalation process in order to adhere to specific regulatory requirements
- Manage the governance of key UK channels and drive consolidation that isaligned to global objectives
Internal / External stakeholders
This is a specialist management role, which requires the ability to build direct and cross-functional relationships. Key stakeholders include (without being limited to):
- Global and regional marketing teams
- Corporate relations and brand teams
- Product content managers and executives
- Sales teams
- Product teams
- External agencies
- Business intelligence team
- Internal design and UX teams
- Development teams.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications, experience and personal specification
This role requires specialist digital marketing knowledge and experience with a focus on measurement and optimisation. The job holder will work with a wide range of teams in a range of locations, and will have an important part to play in driving our evolution to a truly digital company.
As such, the role requires an energetic, creative and commercially minded individual with:
- In-depth understanding of marketing automation, with a proven track record in implementing best practice processes and rolling out enterprise level marketing automation platforms, and demonstrable understanding of what makes an effective email campaign
- Specific experience of social media, with a deep understanding of the best use of social media, how to drive social media strategy, paid social advertising
- Experience with web analytics systems (Google Analytics), as well as various other digital analytics tools
- Strong understanding of conversion rate optimisation
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong influencing skills, able to enthuse and motivate people at all levels
- The ability to seek creative solutions to problems
- The ability to engage with the values and vision of the organisation
- The ability to manage third party agencies and suppliers
- The ability to set and follow processes and procedures with a high level of attention to detail, but flex these processes and procedures when the market or situation changes
- Educated to degree or equivalent level qualification
- At least 2 years experience working with a marketing automation platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Experience of training people in the use of marketing automation & social platforms
- Experience of creating training and support documentation for email and social media
- At least 2 years of managing social media activity and using social media monitoring & listening tools
- In-depth understanding of digital marketing techniques
- A high level of attention to detail
- Good team player
- The ability to work to tight timescales
- Experience of working in a digital marketing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Demonstrable experience of managing cross-functional teams and coaching and leading more junior colleagues
- Strong understanding of web usability and accessibility
- Pro-active, self-starter
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of using Adobe CQ and Adobe digital marketing cloud/suite
- Good understanding of the UK education sector
- Experience of adhering to a well-known UK or international brand.
Please note: The official Pearson job title for this role is Market Research Analyst
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 21, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811719
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.