The LSO’s two Marketing Co-ordinators play a key role in the department, sharing responsibility for promoting LSO concerts and audience development initiatives, creating printed and digital marketing communications, managing guest lists and ticketing for LSO events, and providing administrative support within the team.
The Marketing & Digital Co-ordinator’s role also has a specific focus on contributing to the LSO’s digital strategy: updating and managing social media, supporting the creation of filmed content and trailers, and promoting the LSO’s programme of online broadcasts.
Salary range: £24,000 to £28,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is Monday 11 July 2022 at 10am.
Interviews will be held week beginning Monday 25 July 2022. Interviews will be in-person at the LSO’s offices at the Barbican Centre, where possible, with an online option available to those who are unable to attend in-person.
For more information about this post, including a full job description and how to apply, please visit www.lso.co.uk/orchestra/jobs
- Research, deliver and evaluate concert marketing campaigns, working in collaboration with the wider team. This will include: planning and briefing advertising; researching partnership opportunities; writing copy; and creating email and mailing campaigns.
- Produce engaging marketing communications, including blog posts, leaflets, advertisements, email campaigns, artist interviews and trailers.
- Lead on promoting and maintaining the LSO’s discounted ticket scheme for students, Student Pulse; the LSO’s schemes for early-career composers; and LSO Family Concerts.
- Promote the LSO’s broadcast programme, growing national and international audiences.
- Assist with wider departmental initiatives to reach new audiences, including promoting the Half Six Fix series of concerts, Wildcard tickets and LSO Discovery events.
Box Office & Ticketing
- Oversee ticketing arrangements for internal staff, artists and guest tickets for half of the LSO’s Barbican concerts, working alongside the other Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Assistant and Development department.
- Work on LSO Guest Ticket Desk at Barbican concerts (rota).
- Write and publish posts on LSO social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok), respond to comments, and monitor engagement.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager, Digital in producing digital content and assets, including promotional films and trailers, interactive social media content and branded slides, using Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Oversee the Marketing Assistant Trainee in updating and maintaining LSO St Luke’s social media channels.
- Support the LSO’s online broadcast programme, creating content to promote future broadcasts and monitoring YouTube chats and comments.
- Update the LSO and Barbican websites as required, and upload event pages during the season on-sale period.
- Collate and circulate digital assets for the LSO’s tour promoters and venues. Liaise with tour promoters to ensure that information is accurate, correctly branded and up-to-date.
- Contribute to organisation-wide content strategies, working with colleagues throughout the organisation to showcase the full breadth of the LSO’s work, and repurpose content across channels.
- Oversee the Marketing Assistant Trainee in creating and sending pre- and post-concert emails.
- Support the Head of Customer Relationships in audience research and gathering feedback.
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints.
- When required, answer phonecalls to LSO Reception and monitor the Reception inbox.
- Support the Marketing Assistant in their work across digital content, publications and concert marketing.
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Health and Safety Policy in relation to the duties of the post, and at all times give due regard to the health and safety of both yourself and others when carrying out your duties.
- Actively seek to implement the LSO’s Equal Opportunities Policy and the objective to promote equality or opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Experience and Skills
We are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant experience in an arts or events-based environment.
- Has an understanding of different marketing techniques and how to use these to engage audiences.
- Has good time-management skills, and an ability to manage and prioritise their workload.
- Is computer-literature and able to pick up new software quickly.
- Has good attention to detail and an eye for visuals.
- Is able to communicate confidently with a range of people, inside and outside the LSO, with a positive approach to customer service.
- Has an interest in orchestral music and in working in a performing arts organisation.
- Is a team-player, enthusiastic about learning new skills and getting involved in new projects.
Experience of using web CMS platforms, and of updating and monitoring social media, would also be beneficial, but isn’t essential.