At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Escape Studios is part of Pearson College London, our students possess raw talent and big aspirations, we offer undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses in VFX, game art, animation and motion graphics. We work directly with creative professionals and some of the world’s biggest studios to design and deliver our courses, ensuring all our students leave studio ready.
Currently based at Escape Studios, Shepherds Bush with a requirement to travel to 80 Strand and One90 High Holborn for meetings
Summary of role
The Marketing Executive position at Escape Studios, part of Pearson College London, is responsible for planning,delivering and reporting on tactical marketing activity to drive lead generation for Escape Studios undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses.
- Support the Product Marketing Manager with the planning, delivery and analysis of marketing projects and campaigns that utilise the full marketing mix (inc email, DM, advertising, social media, events etc) to reach weekly, quarterly and annual lead and sales targets.
- Work closely with media agencies to develop innovative and market appropriate lead generation and reputation campaigns on a quarterly basis, and evaluate progress weekly.
- Use the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
- Write copy for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites.
- Produce regular reports with full analysis and recommendations to feedback on performance of marketing campaigns to inform where we are with regard to leads and applications and shape future planning. Undertake detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
- Undertake multiple projects whilst meeting deadlines and maintaining high quality outputs and attention to detail.Monitor ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur. Produce an accurate summary of total spend at the end of a marketing campaign.
- Have a strong focus on consumer journey and engagement. Work with the Insight Manager to produce ongoing competitor analysis and reporting, with particular reference to pricing, presentation and promotion.
- Be responsive to the needs of the Short Course and Postgraduate Sales team and gather feedback from them from the field to help shape future marketing activities
- Work with Student Services Team to deliver welcome packs for our Postgraduate students
- Implement the social media plan and be responsible for generating ideas for new developments
- Responsible for creating content driven marketing materials to support lead generation targets such as short course and postgraduate prospectus, careers guide, course brochures, webinars and more.
- Maintain clean data in our CRM system (Salesforce) and create campaigns utilising marketing cloud functions.
- Work with the Product Marketing Manager and the Events Team to support internal and external events.
- Attend monthly Sales and Marketing meetings and weekly External Relations team meetings contributing ideas to support the achievement of the College’s overarching objectives.
- Line manage the Escape Studios Marketing Assistant, setting objectives and providing ongoing support and coaching.
- To support the achievement of sales and lead generation targets
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in the creative industries
- Proven experience in all aspects of the marketing mix: print, web, email, direct and student recruitment channels.
- Approach projects as a self-starter and ability to work using own initiative.
- Demonstrate flexibility within role to ensure support is provided to major campaigns or events.
- 2-3 years working in a Marketing position
- Good teamwork skills
- Communication skills and networking ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Creativity and writing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Proven experience of managing digital campaigns including paid social media campaigns
- Understanding of Escape Studios main strengths or strategic advantages to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends
- Understanding of customer segmentation
- Experience of using Marketing Cloud for creating, sending and analysing email campaigns
- Experience of marketing in the Visual Effects (VFX) industry or within digital arts education.
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of the Higher Education sector
- Basic design skills
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree in marketing would be an advantage as would CIM qualification.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Feb 27, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801568