Marketing Executive, Higher Education Services
We are Pearson, the world’s leading education company. Our purpose is to improve the lives of others through learning. We are over 30,000 people strong and we operate across over 80 countries. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
The Marketing Executive for Higher Education Services plays a pivotal role in supporting the Higher Education Services marketing team to meet lead generation targets, execute high impact campaigns to diverse customer groups and play a leading role in raising awareness and generating adoptions for our prized print publishing programme.
This role will support the HE campaign management, product marketing and content team, providing an opportunity for exposure to a range of marketing practices and tools, including marketing automation, project management and the involvement in strategic campaign planning, copywriting, budgeting and campaign performance analysis.
● Deliver print portfolio programme to generate marketing qualified leads
● Develop capability for devising campaign journey maps for transition to Pardot to support campaigns across the team
● Produce copy that is clear, engaging and enables messaging to be delivered with impact and clear CTAs
● Develop collaborative and effective working relationships with colleagues across sales, portfolio, marketing, service development, customer experience and sales enablement to ensure clear communication and productive outputs on shared projects.
● Reflect sector knowledge gained from market intelligence in campaign content and in contribution to planning and decision making
● Report on all required metrics and commentary monthly in team report
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
● Organisationally Agile Adapts quickly to new situations where roles and work are not clearly defined. Proactively seeks information to understand the reasons for change and adapts approach accordingly.
● Influences without Authority Conveys messages and clear outcomes to diverse audiences using the most effective channels in an easily understood, convincing and actionable manner. Identifies stakeholders, seeks input and actively listens to build support and identify best solutions.
● Prioritises and makes effective decisions Breaks down work into manageable parts, assessing the priorities and schedule required to deliver on time. Ensures the quality of the data provided to analyse possible solutions and support effective decision making.
● Builds Relationships Creates relationships with peers quickly and confidently, building trust and win-win partnerships. Proactively networks with other teams to discuss common issues and share knowledge.
● Outcomes Oriented Differentiates between outputs and outcomes, working with a focus on achieving desired outcomes. Understands the intended outcomes of own work and how they contribute to Pearson’s broader objectives including customers and learners.
● Continuously Improves Actively seeks opportunities for improvement and presents ideas for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of own work. Demonstrates willingness and flexibility to adapt own approach to new ways of working to achieve improved outcomes.
● Evidence Informed Identifies and collects reliable data necessary to build evidence to enable and support decisions. Organises and analyses information (into meaningful / related areas) to form robust, evidence-based conclusions.
● Commercially Aware Understands and can articulate Pearson’s business goals and what own business, own team and self do to contribute to Pearson’s success. Uses that knowledge to identify better ways of working to meet those goals.
● Digitally Focused Understands and embraces how digital technology is changing education and assessment and the implications this has on own day-to-day work. Recognises the opportunities digital technology creates for Pearson to increase its reach, generate profitable business opportunities and create more effective products for its market.
● Driven by Customer and Learner Requirements Understands customer/learner needs, what they value and why, and applies creative thinking to make a difference. Makes decisions that have a positive impact on customer and learner issues for the benefit of Pearson overall.
More great things about working here….
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all so our workplace programs meet the different needs of our diverse teams, and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join you can expect:
Making a greater impact is easy at Pearson. Get involved in our I Made an impACT campaign by volunteering, giving and sharing, or sign up to an event in our Diversity & Inclusion calendar, and check out one of our many Wellbeing at Work initiatives. Just like learning, working here can provide discovery, challenge, inspiration and wonder.
If we sound like a good match for you, or maybe for a friend, we’d love to receive an application. Find out more about how learning makes us, at www.pearson.com.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park Hockham Way Kao Two Harlow CM17 9SR
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1913701
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.