Marketing Manager, Key Channels
The Marketing Manager, Key Channels team will be a product specialist for Professional Business and ITP portfolios. This role is responsible for leading and executing on all product marketing responsibilities for all lists carried by the Commercial and Channel Management team, developing effective messaging, collateral, campaigns, pricing, packaging and market positioning for UK trade channels. The focus will be on digital media demand generating campaigns including devising and executing PPC and paid social campaigns for the portfolios drawing on authors and their networks to generate awareness and sales adjacent to the trade channel.
●Collaborate closely with Channel Manager to support development of customer-specific strategy plans, taking all relevant products and promotional activity into account.
●Develop knowledge of account profiles and customer personas for each key portfolio to ensure marketing campaigns are truly customer focused.
●Contribute ideas to drive evolution around promotional practices employed in trade, online, PR and social channels, working closely with the HE and ELT Marketing team to share ideas and best practices.
●Establish strong communication links with Professional Business authors and publishing team and utilise opportunities provided to extend and enrich promotional plans, where strong ROI may result.
●Develop working relationship with ITP publishing team and FT team to ensure opportunities across both areas are considered and acted upon to grow revenues and share.
●Involve Marketing Executive in planning and strategizing for key portfolio campaigns across Amazon.
●Report on ROI for all non-trade customer activity and analyse this in conjunction with wider performance reports (produced by Channel Manager) to achieve a holistic view of account and channel performance, making recommendations for future activity.
●Maintain budget tracker with Marketing Executive, to ensure all committed spend is recorded accurately
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
● Organisationally Agile Adapts quickly to new situations where roles and work are not clearly defined. Proactively seeks information to understand the reasons for change and adapts approach accordingly.
● Influences without Authority Conveys messages and clear outcomes to diverse audiences using the most effective channels in an easily understood, convincing and actionable manner. Identifies stakeholders, seeks input and actively listens to build support and identify best solutions.
● Prioritises and makes Effective Decisions Breaks down work into manageable parts, assessing the priorities and schedule required to deliver on time. Ensures the quality of the data provided to analyse possible solutions and support effective decision making.
● Builds Relationships Creates relationships with peers quickly and confidently, building trust and win-win partnerships. Proactively networks with other teams to discuss common issues and share knowledge.
● Outcomes Oriented Differentiates between outputs and outcomes, working with a focus on achieving desired outcomes. Understands the intended outcomes of own work and how they contribute to Pearson’s broader objectives including customers and learners.
● Continuously Improves Actively seeks opportunities for improvement and presents ideas for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of own work. Demonstrates willingness and flexibility to adapt own approach to new ways of working to achieve improved outcomes.
● Evidence Informed Identifies and collects reliable data necessary to build evidence to enable and support decisions. Organises and analyses information (into meaningful / related areas) to form robust, evidence-based conclusions.
● Commercially Aware Understands and can articulate Pearson’s business goals and what own business, own team and self do to contribute to Pearson’s success. Uses that knowledge to identify better ways of working to meet those goals.
● Digitally Focused Understands and embraces how digital technology is changing education and assessment and the implications this has on own day-to-day work. Recognises the opportunities digital technology creates for Pearson to increase its reach, generate profitable business opportunities and create more effective products for its market.
● Driven by Customer and Learner Requirements Understands customer/learner needs, what they value and why, and applies creative thinking to make a difference. Makes decisions that have a positive impact on customer and learner issues for the benefit of Pearson overall.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Other Locations GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2019
Job Unposting: Mar 12, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1816036
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.