Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 59th quarter of growth. That’s why we're always looking for innovative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal – global interconnection. With over 180 datacentres in over 22 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
In the Engineering team at Equinix, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the Electrical and Mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This is including and not limited to stand by power generators, AC units, chilled water systems.
- You will be responsible for facility/Infrastructure Maintenance
- You will perform the site inspections and monitor the building and IBX (Datacentre) alarms
- As an M&E Engineer you will ensure preventative maintenance on site infrastructure is managed (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or manages vendors
- You will carry out repairs and run corrective maintenance
- In the role you are also responsible for preparing and carrying out planned maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts is a key part of this position
- You will assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- You may requested to begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
- Contributes to ongoing infrastructure projects
- Carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades etc
- ONC/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- 17th Edition
- Previous data center / critical environment experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of critical infrastructure i.e. UPS, generator, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Full qualified apprenticeship
- HV Switching experience
- Clean UK Driving licence
Why should you apply?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Click apply now!
Please feel free to contact Rashmi Mohindra at Rashmi.email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to know more about the role, or check out our YouTube page to find out more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.