Job DescriptionStaff nurses and Senior Staff nurses
£26,450 to £35,500 + Shift Enhancements *
*30% Extra Saturday and 60% extra SundayAbout St Andrew's Healthcare
We’re a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team.
Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do – you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career.Women's IPU's Low & Medium
Working in a secure setting requires outward thinking and innovative approaches from our staff whilst remaining committed to maintaining safety and security. We are currently working hard to develop and improve our IPU's, with a focus on improving patient outcomes within a highly specialised environment.
We have six wards within our Womens low & Medium Secure IPU's, all of which are staffed by our dynamic, experienced, commited and motivated team members. All wards benefit from multi-disciplinary working and all environments have been purpose built to meet the needs of the individuals we care for. Your duties will involve:
- Being responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision.
- Assisting in leading and monitoring the performance and work of the Nursing Team.
- Taking charge of a Ward/Unit as and when required.
- Being vigilant of risk all times and report accordingly.
- Contributing to maintaining and improving standards of care.
- Ensuring that the nursing practices of the area comply with the St Andrew’s Policies and Procedures.
- Participating and assisting in setting standards of patient care based on sound research findings.
- Planning, organising and deploying staff according to competencies and workload in order to meet patient needs.
- Participating in and assisting in the systematic monitoring and evaluation of nursing practice.
- Within the framework of the Care Programme Approach (CPA), co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patients along their care pathways and communicate relevant information to the multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of Team Nursing by effective communication.
- Acting as a mentor/preceptor to junior nursing staff.
- Assisting in development, dissemination and application of research-based findings to nursing practice.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Competitive pension scheme
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications