BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for managing the various store layout formats, working with architectural firms and the Category Management team to determine equipment, layout and merchandising options. Merchandising Manager cascades marketing operation information to our internal and Franchisee community, for the ampm brand across 1000+ retail locations in CA, WA, OR, AZ and NV. The Merchandising Manager networks with Marketing and Operations team to deliver concise and executable programs that grow both sales and profits for franchisees and BP.
* Accountable for networking with Retail Assets on the design specs drawings and templates as well as approvals for all New to Industry's, Rebrands and Retrofit layouts
* Responsible for maintaining the integrity of ampm brand standards, related to Format/Merchandising and requirements through the Exception Process
* Accountable for delivery of marketing content on Internal websites/aps
* Accountable for accuracy of communication content to the field via the work plan and weekly communications
* Accountable for store reset process and that it meets budget and schedule with minimal disruption to operations.
* Accountable for coordinating interface between marketing and operations, including work plan communications, marketing website
* Subject Matter Expert for Marketing content in Franchise Disclosure Document and Site Systems Manual.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years' experience working in category management, merchandising or Operations for convenience stores or other retail businesses
* Performance driven and results oriented - takes initiative, ability to solve problems and demonstrates good follow-through.
* Ability to develop strong relationships across teams within the organization and externally with vendors and suppliers.
* Knowledge of and familiarity with store format flow and merchandising programs
* Proven ability to influence and motivate in a dynamic way.
* Communicate with clarity and credibility in both written and verbal form with peers, field operations, franchisees, and third parties.
* Easily and effectively work with varying cross-functional work groups and external suppliers.
* Must be able to produce and present information in a compelling and persuasive manner
* High degree of motivation - ability to prioritize, self-direct and attention to detail
* Proficient in Microsoft applications including Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
* Ability to read Architectural drawings a plus, but not required.