The MES & Wonderware Consultant will be required to be actively involved with business development, functional and technical consultants from other Practices including our SAP Practice and Business Consulting. This role will use both your technical and manufacturing knowledge in a dynamic position building from creating value propositions, through the project delivery and ultimately ensuring the customer gains beneficial use. Atos has developed a robust and highly differentiating methodology for the effective adoption of MES. We call it M4MES – Methodology for MES. M4MES has been crafted and refined using the experience and best practice gained over many real-world MES engagements.
The consultant will sit within the MES practice and report to the MES Practice Lead. The consultant will normally work under the direction of a Project Manager or Pre-Sales bid manager delivering MES implementations or pre-sales consulting and outline MES solution designs.
The main activities are to:
Provide advice and guidance of Wonderware based solutions and integration with other MES solutions from pre-sales and bid response though to project delivery. You will assist in the preparation of and follow; detailed work plans and schedules, undertake requirements analysis and be able to propose solutions, produce estimates and present these to internal/external audiences, define and document requirements, design and architect MES solutions. (This will include the integration between back office (.e.g. SAP MII), MES and shop floor systems), advise and contribute towards the build, test, implementation, training and transition to support of the required manufacturing execution systems solution at each client.
The consultant will also be expected to contribute towards the development and growth of the practice through such activities as:
- Sharing knowledge with other members of the functional and technical teams within the MES and / or SAP practices.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team
- Assist in the development of re-usable sales and delivery collateral
- Undertake initial screening and interviews for potential candidates.
- Regular travel to client sites is expected, so a willingness and flexibility to travel is required.
- Demonstrable Wonderware knowledge and experience including Wonderware System Platform and at least one other Wonderware product.
- Demonstrable MES Solution design experience, in either MES integration projects or customer support engagements.
- Willing to travel and spend extended periods working in various UK based client locations
- Must demonstrate experience of shop floor data connectivity
- Demonstrable capability to analyze, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets
- Is able to communicate effectively, both orally, in writing and in presentations, with clients, customers, colleagues and subordinates.
- Has the negotiating skills and personal presence to represent Atos both externally and internally, formally and informally, establishing confidence and respect both for the functions represented and as an individual
- Takes a structured and effective approach to own work and is able to manage own time
- Demonstrable awareness of commercial delivery models and the ability to balance the commercial imperatives of Atos with the requirement to deliver best value to customers.
- Recognises the importance of, and able to operate effectively, as part of a team
- Must possess a pro-active, can-do attitude and be able to transmit enthusiasm for solutions being proposed or delivered.
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility at all levels internally and with the client.
- Is effective in organisations with differing cultures and is able to modify approach and style to obtain co-operation and commitment and resolve potential conflict. Shows sensitivity to political and cultural issues as well as technical and business effectiveness targets.
- Commands respect for excellence, not only in areas of specific knowledge but also in all aspects of proposing, conducting and leading consultancy assignments and in obtaining acceptance of recommendations
- Demonstrable knowledge of PLC ‘s and connectivity
- Demonstrable knowledge of SAP ERP Processes
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL OPC, PLC and .net.
- Demonstrable understanding of ISA S95 System Landscape Levels 0-3 and positioning of SAP-MII-MES architecture
- Knowledge of other MES platforms and systems
- Knowledge of SAP ME / Visiprise
- Food and Beverage, Discrete, Transportation experience
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of global client implementations
- Have worked for a consultancy or systems integration firm
- Experience managing remote development teams.