We care about your career and are known for having the absolute best people in the industry. When you join us as a Mid-Weight Graphic Designer you start a unique opportunity to become celebrated as the very best in your field. You’ll learn not only from your fellow Legends, but also through our award-winning learning academy, so that you can achieve the highest standards of craft, service, and leadership and become a legend in your own story. We’re looking for a committed individual with a passion for creating inspiring work and with a genuine interest in bringing our brand to life. You’ll need the ability to mix creative flair with commercial awareness, possess exceptional time management and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. A passion for creativity, innovation, trends, and a strong aesthetic sense, with the ability to think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the table
What you'll get
As a Mid-Weight Graphic Designer at Dorchester Collection, here are just some of the great benefits you will receive:
- Complimentary stays with breakfast included in all 9 Dorchester Collection hotels
- 50% off at bars and restaurants within all of our Dorchester Collection hotels
- £750 Refer a friend bonus scheme
- World class development opportunities
- Social events throughout the year
- Workday Lunches in the form of a prepaid contactless card
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Exclusive Access to a discount platform featuring 1000s of retailers
What you'll do
The Designer will support the Dorchester Collection Brand department and will be based in our brand-new Knightsbridge offices. The role works across both the parent Dorchester Collection brand and the hotels within the Collection. The role would be suitable for a creative, meticulous and multi-disciplinary individual, with a passion for creating inspiring work and have a genuine interest in bringing our brand to life. Your primary role is to respond to creative briefs, creating quality designs, delivering work with brilliant ideas, exceptional design and craft skills, and a passion for branding, print design (ads, brochures, flyers etc) and content creation for digital channels (motion graphics, banners, video, image/video edits etc). You have a passion for creativity, innovation, trends, and a strong aesthetic sense, with the ability to think outside the box. You’ll need the ability to question and challenge briefs, solve design problems creatively and mix creative flair with commercial awareness.
- Design Creation: Conceptualise, develop, and execute innovative and visually appealing designs for a range of marketing materials, including print collateral, digital assets, social media content, web banners, infographics, presentations and more.
- Brand Consistency: Ensure consistency in visual identity and adherence to brand guidelines across all design deliverables to maintain a cohesive brand image.
- Collaborative Approach: Collaborate with cross-functional international teams, (sales, marketing, digital, communications, hotel operational, etc.) to understand project requirements, assist with translating ideas and concepts into effective designs.
- Creative Strategy: Assist in the development of creative strategies and contribute design ideas to achieve marketing objectives and enhance user experiences.
- Print production: Preparing artwork for print/production following specifications . Liaising with external suppliers and printers ensuring that a consistent level of quality is maintained at all times
- Digital still/motion production & post production: editing, visual effects, titling, sound and graphics
- Project management: Pre-empting and resolving issues, coordinating artwork and scheduling deliveries. Liaising with all levels of stakeholder management, including senior leaders across the business
- Time Management: Manage multiple design projects simultaneously.
- Our values of, Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity guide us each and every day. As a Mid-Weight Graphic Designer you’ll have the opportunity to bring these to life and continue to create our legacy.
The items shared are the essence of a day in the life of a Mid-Weight Graphic Designer, but we’ll make sure you are provided with specifics on how we care for the Collection.
What you'll bring
- You will have a Degree in Graphic Design, a relevant field, or experience in design and multimedia, preferably in a marketing or creative agency.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects across multiple mediums (print and digital), demonstrating creativity, technical skills, and a keen eye for detail. Please include a link to your portfolio.
- Your work should demonstrate concept-driven design, well-crafted execution. Work should show versatility, experimentation and energy.
- You’ll bring with you a strong understanding of design principles, typography, colour theory, layout and composition, and the ability to apply them effectively in various design projects across print and digital channels.
- You will have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, project requirements, and possess exceptional time management and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- English is the primary language used in our hotel. You can comfortably communicate in this language. (are we able to add this?)
- You will have proven experience in print/production and possess an expert knowledge of latest Adobe creative suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PremierPro and AfterEffects). Experience in animation, web design principles and 3D rendering are advantageous. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).