Moderator - GCE A Level - English Language and Literature (2016 Specification)
A GCE English Language and Literature (2016 Specification) Moderator will review the centre assessment of candidates’ work in accordance with the agreed assessment criteria and Pearson's procedures. Each moderator will moderate a specified number of centre samples.
- To carry out the moderation of parts of a subject examination, such as coursework, projects and special studies, which are marked initially by teachers in the centres and then sent to you. Moderation will usually involve sampling procedures.
- To undertake, when necessary, the direct assessment of school-based components in the subject where centres opt not to make initial assessments.
- To complete and submit centre reports to the Team Leader or Principal Moderator as required
Experience/ Qualifications Needed
- You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience:
- a. within the last 8 years
- b. within the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May - July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.