Multimedia Designer (Contract)
It’s no secret that a good education has the power to change lives. The challenge lies in the pace with which Australia’s educational landscape is transforming. It’s no longer just about providing access, but also ensuring progress.
As the world’s leading learning company, we’re meeting this challenge with Australia’s most comprehensive blend of digital learning formats, printed texts, educator training resources, assessments, services and online assets.
We are looking for a talented Multimedia Designer to create educational visual, graphic and multimedia assets for digital learning projects. Working in a growing Learning Services team, this is a fixed-term, full time role for 9 months, although individuals seeking part-time (4 days per week) work will also be considered.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop web-based interfaces, and interactivities for educational purposes.
- Produce look and feel designs, multimedia interfaces, landing pages and graphics elements for online and blended learning, based on client design briefs, wireframes and storyboards.
- Conceptualise, design and create artwork, animations and multimedia objects from original concept to final product for clients.
- Work closely with Learning Designers to build complex online educational applications, interactivities and simulations.
- Develop dynamically generated pages, animations and online multimedia content that conforms to international (W3C) standards using industry software, integrating with the LMS, ensuring accessibility, re-usability and ease of maintenance
- Produce, source, edit and professional quality photographic, video and audio content into an LMS.
- A diploma or degree in Multimedia/Design/IT or equivalent together with demonstrated skills in multimedia design, illustration, animation and development.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard design packages to produce documents, images, animations, interfaces and interactivities for the web and digital publications. Related software knowledge and experience should include:
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects
- Practical experience in developing visual assets for educational learning environments
- Digital still/video camera skills including processing and compression of images, video and audio content.
- Knowledge of user experience design and other notable design philosophies, strategies and theories, and the ability to apply those concepts to educational contexts.
- Familiarity with relevant computer programs and course delivery platforms including intermediate-advanced proficiency with Google Apps suite and Microsoft Office suite
If you are as passionate as we are about changing lives through learning, then help us to learn more about you and why you want to work with Pearson. Click ‘Apply Now’ to create your application online.
At Pearson, we value the employee journey and pride ourselves in building an inclusive and diverse culture.
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Melbourne
Work Locations: AU-Victoria-Melbourne-Goods Shed South 707 Collins Street Goods Shed South Melbourne 3008
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 1, 2018
Job Unposting: May 2, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804753
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.