The National Account Manager (NAM) will achieve or exceed assigned sales and profitability goals by developing, leading, and growing Castrol's corporate relationship with global and national Elevator and Escalator customers in the Americas. Additionally, this role will provide coordinated leadership and support to local market sales personnel working with North America customer facilities in their territory.
This role is home based in the United States, preferably being located near a sizable airport for ease of travel.
- Develop profitable, long term strategic relationship with designated global and national accounts in the Americas.
- Develop and execute national account strategies and related objectives in line with Castrol business strategies and financial frameworks. Deploy those strategies with AM's and extended sales/customer team to ensure execution.
- Set, monitor, and meet ambitious mid-term and end-of-year financial targets for assigned accounts in support of Castrol Americas business objectives.
- Establish a robust performance management process with each account, including development of in-year and long term plans, identifying and realizing key milestones.
- Establish mutually agreed Castrol performance objectives with each account that reflect joint (customer and Castrol) priorities (i.e. opportunities to deliver value as they define it), and engage the broader sales team.
- Utilize value selling skills to enhance customer offers and perception of value.
- Develop and manage relationships at multiple levels of customer organization.
- Conduct regular customer reviews.
- Engage in accurate sales forecasting.
- Conduct safety observation conversations with colleagues.
- Support Finance for credit and cash collection.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Gross profit delivered to target;
- Accurate and proactive sales forecasting;
- Growth in share of national account customer wallet.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of industrial sales experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of large account management experience, including engaging at all organizational levels up to and including the executive suite
- Expertise in Elevator & Escalator segment with knowledge of large international OEM manufacturers.
- Must be technically savvy and experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite and electronic media