Unprecedented in complexity, scale and the impact, the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting new ways of working and collaboration across organisations, to respond rapidly to the evolving progression of the virus.
You will be part of the high performing and flexible Operational Supplies Team within Test & Trace (T&T) with a high profile and exciting delivery programme within central Government. Using your strong technical and influencing skills and sound understanding of the relevant T&T business area you will provide advice, challenge and scrutiny to senior colleagues. You will need to establish and develop effective working relationships with many stakeholders, including Programme Leads and Senior Managers. You will be required to advise, challenge and influence as required to ensure the best outcome for the organisation.
We are looking for applicants who have the ability to demonstrate a passion for public service and who can encourage and influence others to deliver quality outcomes. The Governance and Compliance Lead is a pivotal and demanding role within the Operation Supplies Team. The successful candidate will head up the business support office and provide direct advice and support to the Programme Director.
The Compliance and Governance Lead will provide leadership and guidance to a specific portfolio. This may involve supporting both Business as Usual (BAU) and Change portfolios.
We are looking for candidates who can evidence the ability to meet the following required for the role.
• Previous experience of working in a fast-paced Programme, with strong drafting and organisational skills.
• Ability to work at pace on a range of competing priorities, whilst remaining calm under pressure and demonstrating resilience.
• A proven track record of making a strong personal impact, demonstrating effectiveness and credibility to operate at a senior level.
• Responsibility for Governance and Compliance procedures for a programme or department.
• Information Governance knowledge and record keeping ideally in relation to NHS, public sector or accredited laboratory environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels, building trust with stakeholders to achieve goals.
• Excellent judgement and highly developed policy and strategic analysis skills.
• Administration of governing programme board in a regulated environment.
This role will be home-based with travel to DHSC Test & Trace sites/offices as required. Your salary will be based on your home address and the relevant pay scales under DHSC/Test &Trace Policy. National pay rates will apply to those employees whose permanent place of work is outside of the 40-mile radius of the M25. Test & Trace is moving to the new UK Health Security Agency later in 2021 which may result in some roles being performed from a regional office. This should be taken into account when applying for this role. Please note you must be a habitual resident in the UK to apply for this role and your home address, from which you would undertake this role if successful, must be in the UK.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide strategic advice on issues and risk utilising well developed judgement skills
- Track record of building networks both internally and externally
- Experience of leading a function at a senior level
- Experience in policy development
- Strong leadership skills to get the best out of the team and support their development and growth.
- Information management experience
- Strong Management Reporting skills
- Expert knowledge of public sector and Governance