Job DescriptionOccupational Health AdviserLocation - NorthamptonBand 6 Salary range c. £30,528- £38,909 per annum plus £1,641 Registered Allowance
Location: 1 x full time role Northampton based with occasional travel to Midlands and Essex. The post could also consider 2 part time people too cover the role.Are you ready to be the nurse you want to be?
Are you a qualified Occupational Health Nurse or experienced in occupational health and working towards qualification?
We have very exciting opportunity for full and part time Occupational Health Nurses to join our new and developing in house Occupational Health and Wellbeing team. We are looking for great nurses who have the experience and capability to practise autonomously in occupational health. This role will inspire you to be the best that you can be by supporting you to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team to promote high standards of skill and practice whilst supporting the development of others in the team through example and mentorship.Who we are
We’re a top 20 charity and the UK’s leading charity providing specialist NHS mental healthcare. Profits are re-invested into new services and new facilities, helping us to continue to do amazing work and transform mental healthcare. We support and care for our 4200 staff across 4 locations including Northampton, Essex, Birmingham and Nottinghamshire.Who you are
What you will need for this role?
- A confident, competent and highly motivated individual with ability to engage others to effect positive health change.
- You have a proactive approach to health care and maintain a visible presence within a multi-disciplinary team - including HR, Safety and Physiotherapy.
- Work autonomously to meet service levels for management referrals and consultations.
- Able to carry out a range of health surveillances and vaccination programmes.
- Driven to develop excellent working relationships within the organisation.
- Able to work flexibly and undertake occasional travel to different sites
What we can do for you
- Substantial experience of working in occupational health and high standards of innovative practice.
- Commitment to wellness culture and targeted health promotion initiatives.
- Proven people management skills and ability to engage and support staff health improvement programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and supporting continuous professional development to student and other colleagues.
You will be supported by our expert Clinical team, giving you plenty of exposure to mentoring and coaching with opportunities for continuing professional development, training, and career progression.
We offer an excellent benefits package including pension, 35 days holiday, life cover, car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Enjoy great rewards:
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including cycle to work, car lease and childcare vouchers
- Sponsorship opportunities for the right candidate
- Referral scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Generous pension
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years’ service
- Sickness policy on a par with the NHS
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free flu and hepatitis jabs
For more information please contract Carmel Garvey or Liz JacksonClosing date Sunday 13th August 2017