Job DescriptionOccupational Health Advisor
Location - Northampton
Salary range – Upwards of £29,181 dependent on experience
Full Time or Part Time hours available
Location: Northampton based with occasional travel to Midlands and Essex. The post could consider 2 part time people to cover the role.
Are you a qualified Occupational Health Nurse or experienced in occupational health and working towards qualification?
We are developing our team and have an exciting opportunity for full or part time Occupational Health Nurses to join our in house Occupational Health and Wellness team. We are looking for great nurses who have the experience and capability to cover a full remit and practise occupational health autonomously.
Who we are
We’re a top 20 charity and the UK’s leading charity providing specialist NHS mental healthcare. Profits are re-invested into new services and new facilities, helping us to continue to do amazing work and transform mental healthcare. We support and care for our 4200 staff across 4 locations including Northampton, Essex, Birmingham and Nottinghamshire.
Who you are
· A confident, competent and highly motivated individual with ability to engage others to effect positive health change.
· You have a proactive approach to health care and maintain a visible presence within a multi-disciplinary team - including HR, Safety and Physiotherapy.
· Work autonomously to meet service levels for management referrals and consultations.
· Able to carry out a range of health surveillances and vaccination programmes.
· Driven to develop excellent working relationships within the organisation.
· Lots of energy and drive to work in a busy and demanding, but friendly team.
· Good organisation skills and be able to take project leadership.
· Able to work flexibly and undertake occasional travel to different sites
What you can give to us
· Substantial experience of working in occupational health and high standards of innovative practice.
· Commitment to wellness culture and targeted health promotion initiatives.
· Proven people management skills and ability to engage and support staff health improvement programmes.
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and supporting continuous professional development to student and other colleagues.
What we can give to you
You will be supported by our expert Clinical team, giving you plenty of exposure to mentoring and coaching with opportunities for continuing professional development, training, and career progression.
We offer an excellent benefits package including pension, 35 days holiday, life cover, car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
• Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities
• Pension and life assurance
• Sickness policy on par with the NHS
• 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 further after 10 years' service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Healthcare cash plan
• Free parking
• Paid DBS application
• On-site facilities such as gym access and boot camp, swimming pool, café, library all set within beautiful grounds.
For more information please contract Carmel Garvey
Closing date Sunday 22nd July 2018