Job DescriptionOccupational Therapy Technical InstructorLocation: NorthamptonGrade - Band 3 / Core ContributorSalary: from £17,276 - £19,422Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor with an interest in working with men with a diagnosis of autism who require OT assessments and treatment within a forensic psychiatric setting.
Under the guidance of a registered Occupational Therapist, you will use technical and creative skills to provide patient centred programmes of therapeutic activities, to enable an individual to achieve their goals.You should have:
- An understanding of the role of Occupational Therapy within autism and mental health
- Good team working skills, sound communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to build a rapport with a challenging patient group
- Organisational skills, an ability to take initiative and complete delegated tasks
- Ability to lead therapeutic activity groups under supervision
- You will have a positive, non-judgmental attitude and work well within a team.
- Creative skills
If you have any questions regarding the post or want to arrange a visit please contact:
Rebecca Lander, Occupational Therapist:- email: 01604 872626Closing Date - Sunday 9th December