Job DescriptionOccupational Therapy Technical InstructorLocation: NorthamptonSalary: from £17,276 - £19,171Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor with an interest in working with men who have a diagnosis of autism. You will work with an OT team to undertake assessments and treatment within a forensic psychiatric setting.
Under the support and guidance of a registered Occupational Therapist, you will use technical and creative skills to provide patient centred programmes of therapeutic activities, to enable an individual to achieve their goals. You will have the opportunity to undertake training to improve your knowledge of autism and skills to enable you to develop in this OT TI role.
The Occupational Therapy Team provide support across the ASD medium, low and locked rehab wards, working as part of the MDT. The Team work 7.5hrs / day from Monday to Friday. You will be line managed and supervised by a qualified Occupational Therapist.You should have:
- An understanding of the role of Occupational Therapy within autism and mental health
- Good team working skills, sound communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to build a rapport with a challenging patient group
- Organisational skills, an ability to take initiative and complete delegated tasks
- Ability to lead therapeutic activity groups under supervision
- You will have a positive, non-judgmental attitude and work well within a team.
- Creative skills
We would encourage you to make contact with the OT team to talk in more detail about the job role.
Rebecca Lander, Occupational Therapist:- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nichola Smith, Occupational Therapist:- email - email@example.com
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualifications Closing Date - Monday 22nd April 2019