Job DescriptionOccupational Therapy Technical Instructor Essex (Two Posts)Salary £18,526 - £22,315 Inclusive of London Fringe AllowanceCareer Level: Core Contributor (Band 3)Hours: 37.5 hours per week
St Andrews Essex has a number of care pathways including psychiatric intensive care, mental illness, personality disorder, recovery and rehabilitation. The service has been designed to meet the complex needs of individuals from admission to discharge. There is a strong emphasis placed on inter-disciplinary working and providing an integrated, recovery focused therapeutic programme that uses a variety of treatment approaches.
We are interested to hear from motivated individuals who have a good understanding of mental health and personality disorder; and who are able to work well under pressure. Within the hospital we care for individuals at various stages of their mental illness, so the successful individual would need to be compassionate and adaptable in their approach.
As an Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated Occupational Therapy team. There will be opportunities to be involved in staff training and professional development as well as regular individual supervision from a Senior Occupational Therapist.You should have:
- An understanding of the role of Occupational Therapy within mental health
- Good team working skills, sound communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
- The ability to build a rapport with a challenging patient group
- Organisational skills, an ability to take initiative and complete delegated tasks
- Ability to lead therapeutic activity groups under supervision
- Creative skills
- GCSE level or equivalent in English and Maths