Job DescriptionOccupational Therapy Technical Instructor Nottinghamshire IPU ASD & LDSalary from £17,276 Career Level: Primary Contributors (Band 3)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our unit for a full time Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor; as a member of the therapy team you will work alongside a senior occupational therapist, actively involved in planning and implementing group and one to one sessions. Sessions might include skills practice and development in the areas of personal care, community skills, cooking skills, and social interaction; various topic based groups and vocational opportunities.
Our ideal applicant would be self-motivated, a creative problem solver with patience and a good sense of humour, some previous experience in working with individuals with behaviours that often challenge, as well as an understanding of learning disabilities, ASD and issues associated with forensic histories might be beneficial.
We are seeking a person who can.
- Demonstrate commitment to the St Andrews CARE values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence
- Have a resilient personality and a willingness to work in a demanding environment.
- Have a zest and passion for expanding your outlook; an interest in understanding how occupation can impact an individual’s wellbeing; and the drive to be a change agent promoting positive experiences.
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude and flexible approach alongside the ability to work as part of a team
- Have good organisational and communication skills.
- Build a rapport with patients and engage them in therapeutic activity
- Previous experience of working with adults within a care setting is desirable.
In return, you will be joining an enthusiastic and supportive Occupational Therapy Team, receiving regular supervision along with opportunities for personal and professional development. This is a truly exciting opportunity as we as a team aim to clearly demonstrate how our practice and interventions meet the IPU & Charitywide strategy.
For an informal discussion please contact Karen Shaw, Senior Occupational Therapist on 01623 665280 or Jo Baker, Therapies Team Leader on 01623 665324 firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Closing date: 9th September 2018
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications