Online Learning Consultant
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About Higher Education Qualifications
The aim of the Higher Education Qualifications (HEQ) department is to ensure that Pearson’s qualifications are the gold standard in professional higher-level education. HEQ manage BTEC Higher National qualifications, LCCI Professional qualifications, HEQ Digital, and Progression & Recognition.
Drive growth in adoptions of HEQ Digital’s online products for BTEC Higher Nationals in the UK and internationally. Key aspects of the role include:
- driving the sales strategy, building a pipeline of prospective customers, and managing leads through to completion to meet revenue targets
- acting as an advocate for online products, providing guidance and training for colleges on approaches to online learning and on HEQ Digital online products
- managing onboarding and the post-sale relationship with customers to ensure effective use of online products, and to drive high customer satisfaction and retention
- maintaining in-depth market awareness for the UK and international markets.
This role is field-based, with travel expected throughout the UK and to key international markets.
Drive the sales strategy, build a pipeline of prospective customers, and manage leads through to completion to meet revenue targets
- Develop and implement sales strategies for HN Online in liaison with regional Sales colleagues to achieve agreed revenue targets in the UK and internationally
- Generate sales leads through meetings, events and documentation, and through liaison with regional Sales colleagues
- Manage leads through to completion, securing customers’ commitment to purchase
- Ensure all customer interactions are recorded and shared with relevant colleagues
- Ensure customer-facing teams are equipped with the information and tools to promote HN Online and support the sales pipeline
Act as an advocate for online products, providing guidance and training for colleges on approaches to online learning and on HEQ Digital online products
- Obtain testimonials, case studies and impact analyses to build advocacy stories, with support from Marketing and Product teams
- Work with regional Sales colleagues to increase advocacy of online products in target markets
- Support prospective customers with planning how to implement blended/online learning and embed online products in their institution
- Support customers in promoting online products to prospective students
- Support pilots and early adopter schemes in new markets
- Develop and implement training materials for new customers, including face-to-face events, webinars and guidance documentation - ensuring confidence both in blended/online learning and in using HEQ online products and platforms
Manage onboarding and post-sale relationship with customers to ensure effective use of online products, and to drive high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure a smooth onboarding and integration process for customers
- Monitor customer usage and experience post-sale to ensure online products are embedded effectively and meet tutor and student expectations, and to identify at-risk business
- Ensure that customer support post-sale is to a consistently high standard
- Monitor the efficacy of the product in meeting learner needs and contribute to research projects on the effectiveness of online products, including data analysis and qualitative research
- Trouble-shoot problems and make recommendations to improve customer satisfaction and drive retention
Maintain in-depth market awareness
- Maintain a deep understanding of the BTEC Higher National portfolio, its products, customers and markets
- Maintain an understanding of the needs of decision-makers within UK and international centres, including institutions’ digital strategies
- Research and keep up-to-date on emerging approaches to online learning in target markets
- Share market insights internally and contribute to HEQ Digital strategy.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in and/or understanding of the UK FE sector and international vocational higher education provision
- Knowledge of the Pearson BTEC Higher National portfolio, its products and markets
- Strong understanding of sales processes and of the challenges/barriers to institutions’ digital adoption
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Experience of teaching and/or design in an online environment, and knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience of developing effective and engaging training materials
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholder decision-makers
Key skills and competencies
- Strong customer focus and customer empathy
- Strong written and oral communication
- Engaging presentation style
- Ability to present complex issues in an easily understood fashion
- Relationship management
- Persistence and resilience in delivering priority outcomes
- Presence and ability to work with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to think laterally and creatively in solving problems
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a matrix structure
- Willingness to travel regularly
Personal style and behaviours: what we look for in Pearson people
- Drive learner outcomes: We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our learners. We place the impact on the learner before other considerations, such as personal preference or benefit to a particular team or part of the business.
- Be clear, honest and supportive: We are clear, honest and supportive in how we work together. We respect each other but we don’t shy away from difficult conversations and we are comfortable giving and receiving direct and constructive feedback.
- Be responsible and accountable: We demonstrate ownership and accountability for our actions. We make timely and well-informed decisions. We measure and learn from our performance.
- Behave as One Pearson: We embrace all opportunities to work together. We’re excited about the collective knowledge and expertise that we share, and we work collaboratively with each other to improve lives through learning.
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Other Locations GB-Staffordshire, GB-GB-Stratford Upon Avon, GB-GB-Birmingham, GB-GB-Leeds, GB-Buckinghamshire, GB-Oxfordshire, GB-West Midlands, GB-Leicestershire, GB-Northamptonshire
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2019
Job Unposting: Mar 12, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1816144
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.