Online Learning Support Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who make it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About Higher Education Qualifications
The aim of the Higher Education Qualifications (HEQ) department is to ensure that Pearson’s qualifications are the gold standard in professional higher-level education. HEQ manage BTEC Higher Nationals, HEQ Digital, LCCI Professional qualifications and Progression & Recognition.
Drive growth in adoptions of HEQ Digital’s online products for BTEC Higher Nationals in the UK and internationally.
Key aspects of the role include:
- building a pipeline of prospective customers, by engaging in deep conversation with customers to persuade and influence their purchasing decisions
- developing the sales strategy, and providing training and support for sales and marketing teams
- providing guidance and training for colleges on approaches to online learning and on HEQ Digital online products
- relationship management with customers to ensure effective use of online products and satisfaction post-sale, and to drive retention. Key Accountabilities
- Build a pipeline of prospective customers, by engaging in deep conversation with customers to persuade and influence their purchasing decisions
- Work with sales teams to increase advocacy of online products in target markets
- Secure sales leads through supporting prospective customers with planning how to implement blended/online learning and embed online products in their institution - through meetings, events and documentation
- Support customers in promoting online products to prospective students
- Ensure sales teams are equipped with the information and tools to grow online products in their markets - both in the UK and internationally
- Lead training and onboarding for new customers
- Develop and implement training materials for new customers, including face-to-face events, webinars and guidance documentation - ensuring confidence both in blended/online learning and in using HEQ online products and platforms
- Produce student induction materials Collaborate with internal teams to ensure a smooth onboarding and integration process for customers. Drive customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer usage and experience post-sale to ensure online products are embedded effectively and meet tutor and student expectations
- Ensure that customer support post-sale is to a consistently high standard
- Monitor the efficacy of the product in meeting learner needs and contribute to research projects on the effectiveness of online products, including data analysis and qualitative research
- Trouble-shoot problems and make recommendations to improve customer satisfaction and drive retention.
- Maintain in-depth market awareness
- Maintain a deep understanding of the BTEC Higher National portfolio, its products, customers and markets
- Maintain an understanding of the needs of decision-makers within UK and international centres, including institutions’ digital strategies
- Research and keep up-to-date on emerging approaches to online learning in target markets
- Share market insights internally and contribute to HEQ Digital strategy.
Experience and Skills
- Significant experience in and awareness of the HE environment
- Knowledge of the Pearson BTEC Higher National portfolio, its products and markets
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Experience of teaching and/or design in an online environment, and knowledge of learning management systems
- Strong customer focus
- Strong understanding of sales processes and of the challenges/barriers to digital adoption
- Experience of developing effective and engaging training materials
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholder decision-makers
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of conducting market research
- Knowledge/experience of implementing efficacy
- Previous experience working internationally
- Customer empathy
- Strong written and oral communication
- Engaging presentation style
- Ability to present complex issues in an easily understood fashion
- Influencing skills
- Relationship management
- Persistent and resilient in delivering priority outcomes
- Ability to work with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to think laterally and creatively in solving problems
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a matrix structure
Personal style and behaviours: what we look for in Pearson people
Drive learner outcomes: We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our learners. We place the impact on the learner before other considerations, such as personal preference or benefit to a particular team or part of the business.
Be clear, honest and supportive: We are clear, honest and supportive in how we work together. We respect each other but we don’t shy away from difficult conversations and we are comfortable giving and receiving direct and constructive feedback.
Be responsible and accountable: We demonstrate ownership and accountability for our actions. We make timely and well-informed decisions. We measure and learn from our performance.
Behave as One Pearson: We embrace all opportunities to work together. We’re excited about the collective knowledge and expertise that we share, and we work collaboratively with each other to improve lives through learning.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 2, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809511
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled