Our intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in 2013. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Tracker is a rapidly growing software product in the UK market. The Tracker team supports corporations and law firms in implementing and using the Tracker tool to manage their legal spend and processes. With an increasing pipeline of new opportunities we are looking for a new team member to support our existing client base and the new opportunities
Role Purpose/ Summary:
- Resolve technical issues via phone, email and live help for customers and field staff using Thomson Reuter’s legal products
- Provide customer and technical support for proprietary products including installation, licensing, use, and problem resolution
- Utilize a variety of business systems, problem resolution skills and individual discretion to deliver results aligned with business objectives
- Proactively identify and find solutions to potential problems and service issues that may be systemic
- Gather and present feedback and input from customers to improve Thomson Reuter’s products
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Thomson Reuter’s products and services
- Perform related tasks as needed or assigned
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Identify and resolve product related, technical and administrative, needs for customers.
- Accurately document all customer contacts, resolution steps, and customer feedback in order to enhance Thomson Reuter’s products and services
- Take ownership of all customer interactions and utilize appropriate timely follow-through.
- Responsible for daily schedule adherence, remaining available to assist customers and maintaining quality
- Continuously increase technical aptitude and develop customer service skills to improve the quality of the customer experience.
- Follow the appropriate company policies and procedures to respond to routine customer issues, resolving as many queries as possible on the first call and escalating calls whenever appropriate.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical degree or equivalent experience;
- Certifications or experience in a call centre environment preferred
- Working knowledge of hardware, software, connectivity, operating systems and file structures
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Capable of learning, understanding, and communicating higher level technical information Maintain a positive service attitude with the ability to understand and empathize with customer concerns.
- Apply individual discretion to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction and the business’ success.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fully competent in key areas including operating systems, networking technologies, security standards
- Strong problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations
- Understanding of project management principles
- Good knowledge of internal systems, processes and technical policies.
- Logical thinker/problem solver who is self-motivated and a strong contributor within a team
- Fully competent in troubleshooting Microsoft Office application integration technology
Education/ Certifications Required:
- University/College degree or equivalent experience in computers, networking and related technologies like IT security, web technologies, project management etc.
- Product certifications and industry standard technology certifications on operating systems, networking etc. or equivalent experience will be required.
- In-depth knowledge Microsoft Office integration technology
- Experience of installing, configuring and Administrating Microsoft based software products in a networked environment.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.