Operational Accounting Analyst - French speaking
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Summary of role:
- The French-speaking Analyst will work closely with the BPO and business teams (in Canada) responsible for assisting in managing the AP relationships, performing payments, monitoring and assisting in the enforcement compliance with policy, and serving as an escalation point for unresolved issues surrounding payments to vendors, service providers and employees.
- Performance of activity to the highest standards. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Manage two AP Associate Analysts
- Authorise and process payments.
- Oversee and maintain A/P workflow systems. Act as escalation point for unresolved payments.
- Resolve transactions that are outside the scope of BPO. Research, analyse and communicate resolution
- Setting up and maintenance of standing orders and direct debits, if required.
- SOX testing
- T&E Transactions - Research, analyse and communicate T&E issues within Policy guidelines, policy and budget. Maintain regional default parameters.
- Oversee BPO work with regard to established SLA’s. Monitor and report, and escalate where required to optimize the third party Agreement
- Compile, analyse and distribute metrics and reporting to stakeholders.
- Identify and implement CI and transformational change opportunities including creating additional upload capabilities and moving vendors to EFT payment (process improvement)
- Review and report on AP queues and assist with Pearson business related inquiries related to invoices in these queues
- Be the point of contact for Escalations of non-response from BPO
- Handle Tier 2 related escalations and special project requests related AP liabilities / reporting
- Review Aged Creditors and Debit Balances
- Work within the project scope to cleanse vendor master file data. For example sending letters to vendors for missing information.
- Accounts Payable
- Support of the month end close process
- Prepare reporting on accounts payable
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and support business decisions. Aggregate data required to support internal and external customers
- Assist with Annual Desktop Procedure (DTP) review and write up for any new processes created or transitioned to BPO
- Assist, as needed, to support compliance activities
- Significant interaction with business units, enabling functions, and auditors
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications and experience required:
Fluent French speaker with the ability to produce written work in both English and French.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years experience in relevant financial environment. Ability to develop skills in the following areas. Prior knowledge or experience an advantage.
- Finance function and accounting operations, financial management and management accounting
- Management reporting (including variance analysis) and ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge around Accounts Payable and overall PTP processes
- Flexibility to meet tight and changing deadlines
- Strong working relationship with the Canadian business population and BPO teams.
- Delivery of all work to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Process improvement over time including simplification and standardization
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1814300
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.