Operational Content Delivery Manager
To provide operational delivery and project management of content delivery for all the publishing programmes in the LS Division. Providing day-to-day content delivery management via schedule, budget, and supplier management activities, to ensure we deliver on time, to budget, and to market-appropriate quality.
Identifying and implementing operational improvements and efficiencies in the division.
Leadership and People Management
- Drive growth through a focus on winning in the market, and on continual improvement
- Role model Pearson values and 'demonstrate' leadership behaviours
- Use negotiation, influencing and motivational skills develop a strong effective team culture between in house team and suppliers so that the delivery of products is successfully achieved to agreed time, cost and quality.
- Help foster a positive, team-working culture, in support of Pearson UK Schools strategy
- Maintain strong relationships within the broader Learning Services team and with suppliers, through strong communication,
- File transfers/administration,
- Systems accounts,
- Anything within the scope of delivery.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Work with the Senior CDMs to source appropriate suppliers according to project requirements and help set up FWOs, RFIs and Statements of Work in accordance with Pearson Global standards
- Maintain strong relationships with onshore and offshore suppliers to ensure timeliness, quality and best pricing against set KPIs, through strong communication and relationship management
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors ensuring that project scope, schedule, costs and communication channels are documented, observed and well understood.
- Set up and monitor supplier performance, working to agreed monitoring processes;
- Contribute to providing pipeline information for suppliers.
Project Management (inc risks, issues, costs and schedules)
- Work with the rest of the delivery team to establish, set up and embed standardised project management frameworks for the Learning Services department
- Set-up, track and maintain project schedules during entire delivery lifecycle, reporting on slippages and mitigating risks associated with delays. Capture project specific requirements and monitor project scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensure that suppliers and internal teams understand Pearson workflows, processes, systems, tools, lines of communication and project requirements
- Set up and maintain delivery pipeline in a timely manner and manage change through an appropriate change-management process
- Support Head Of Supplier Management & Delivery and Senior CDMs in ensuring governance around ways of working for consistency across business and business units
- Generate routine reports to monitor time, cost, quality and risks
- Support project-management methodologies (Agile, Lean, Waterfall etc.) with various functional groups as required
- Maintain a risks and issues register to manage project risks associated with time, cost, quality and resources. Work with project team to ensure risks are mitigated through proactive, solution-focused action. Escalate risks and issues to Head Of Supplier Management & Delivery in a timely manner as appropriate
- Identify risks and issues and manage key issues affecting production and design budgets and schedules within established tolerances and escalate risks/constraints/actions throughout delivery cycle of project
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to resolve issues and problems related to
- Conduct project reviews to identify and address issues,opportunities for improvement, lessons learned and best practices.
Budget and Cost Management
- Provide input into the P&L on all costs related to product development and delivery, and help product team set up project budgets
- Track costs through the entire product lifecycle and provide regular updates on key milestones and progress against financial targets to the Head Of Delivery
Strategic Content Tools, workflows and processes
- Seek stakeholder input to standardise, create, map-out, disseminate and maintain effective workflows to drive business outcomes
- Support work on supplier briefs and documentation to ensure it meets Pearson standards
- Support work to ensure standards around technical specifications are met by internal teams and external suppliers through appropriate sign-offs and checklists (file formats, browsers, use of systems and tools such as Alfresco, WCAS)
- Support work to ensure standards around Design and Media are met by internal teams and external suppliers through appropriate sign-offs and checklists
Standardisation of working practices and business improvement
Work with the rest of the delivery team and in collaboration with other functional areas to identify and implement efficiencies and business improvements in the areas of:
- Project delivery and slippage
- Cost control budget tracking
- Supplier management
- Quality Assurance workflow
- Scheduling and critical path analysis
- Project management framework and governance (see above)
- Communication and ways of working
- Lead divisional workshops to develop innovative ideas and approaches to improving the business to drive revenue growth and customer experience.
- Support SCDMs and departmental head as appropriate in delivering business outcomes.
- Manage the unexpected.
- Responsible for identifying and managing Quality Assurance Process / Quality gateway checklists with key stakeholders (content-development, editorial, design typesetting, proofreading, archiving, rights & permissions, technical content-build, functionality tests etc.), ensuring due clearance/sign-off at each appropriate gateway
- Driving and upholding content delivery and media-production standards, from copy-editing, proofreading, paging, functionality tests, interactive content-build and QA through to final release/publication
Digital content, workflows and systems
- Maintain an understanding of digital content production processes
- Testing: Set up functional and user testing with suppliers/vendors if required. Work with CLS to create test matrix, manage process and resolve issues
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management and different project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong planning, organizational and leadership skill. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Experience in supplier negotiation, management and development
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- High-level skills in the integration, interrogation, analysis and presentation of complex data sets; ability to summarise complex data clearly and succinctly
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Challenge assumptions; lead in managing change and ambiguity; see ambiguity as opportunity, not risk.
- Desirable: Project management qualification; CIPS Level 3 or above
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808771
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled