Operations Manager - French Speaking
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Operations Manager to join our team based in Salford Quays.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
This position is primarily responsible for managing the ongoing Operations for one of our government clients, under our brand in France, Pointcode . This includes all aspects of the business as usual activities and an important partner support element with the onboarding and retention of new test centres as well as providing support to the implementation of frequent incremental changes to the Pointcode programme as it continually adapts to the marketplace.
- This role assumes full responsibility for timely and quality delivery of assigned operational, programme support, channel partner support and marketing support activities;
- Manages all aspects of BAU Operations including Contact Centre, Technical Support, Results Processing, Management Information, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable;
- Supports the identification, recruitment, retention and growth of the Pointcode testing partner network to successfully achieve targeted volumes and profitability targets;
- Coordinates and manages defined sales operation processes and policies through to successful resolution, including: contract administration, analysing and giving suggestions on incoming partner web applications and general channel sales operation supporting tasks;
- Liaises with Quality & Security to ensure that new test centres are on-boarded quickly and efficiently.
- Ensures that problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and that solutions are identified and implemented;
- Proactively partners and effectively interfaces with internal teams to ensure opportunities are fully maximised;
- Support and lead initiatives in order to grow market share;
- Monitors and analyses market trends, with a strong focus on candidates and driving schools feedback and competition offering, with a view to improve our own offering;
- Liaises with line manager, managing his/her expectations;
- Contributes to costing and estimation discussions;
- Files all relevant documents so that everything is documented and retrieved easily;
- Responsible for the management and delivery of assigned activities to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Enthusiastic, energetic team player who has the ability to work independently, whilst also possessing the judgment to request assistance and/or escalate when required;
- The ability to work hard and deliver results against deadlines and tough competition;
- A positive, can-do attitude combining the ability to continually see, speak and communicate in the most positive manner possible, internally and externally;
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships;
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Analytical mind and good problem solving skills;
- Good IT literacy skills and understanding of technical/IT systems;
- Good listening and influencing skills to create and maintain successful business relationships;
- Good commercial sense and pragmatic approach;
- A valid non-restricted passport;
- Must be fluent in the French language
- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 hours, with a commitment to peak time requirement as may be required to fulfil operational needs.
- Occasional national or international travel
- Salary - £28,000 to £32,000 per annum depending on experience
Primary Location: GB-GB-Manchester
Work Locations: GB-Manchester-The Lighthouse The Lighthouse 14 The Quays Salford Quays Manchester M50 3BF
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 21, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809802
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled