The unit gathers intelligence regarding these communications using the various powers conferred within the Investigatory Powers Act 2016 (IPA).
This is a dynamic and diverse arena with constant and rapid change as new communications technologies are adopted by Subjects of Interest (SOI). At the vanguard of the UK Serious Organised Crime response to this threat is a new, interim service, that employs sensitive leading edge techniques to assist in addressing these environmental challenges.
You, together with your team, will play a pivotal role in providing this interim service and assisting in its transition into a national capability.
The main responsibilities of this role include;
• Building effective internal and external partner relations and working collaboratively with stakeholders and external agencies.
• Managing the accuracy of intelligence, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care.
• Working closely with the investigative teams and intelligence officers to ensure disclosure requirements are met in a timely manner while protecting the equity to obtain the material.
• Attending or preparing others for hearings and other engagements throughout the judicial process across the UK, including in devolved administrations.
• Preparing and managing the response to IPCO inspections related to the use of sensitive capabilities.
• Proactively monitoring performance of IDU capabilities, communicating successes, and supporting fellow Operations Mangers in developing action plans to manage risks or threats to capability.
• Remaining abreast of political and legislative changes that impact on the IDU services and developing strategic plans to respond to this alongside the Senior Manager.
• Ensuring that all staff within own area of responsibility have the correct knowledge, skills, tools and training to carry out their roles to the required standard.
• Contributing to the design of new experiments and operational capability pilots, and managing risk in accordance with Agency policy and relevant legislation